51 reg micra code reader info plzz

hi you lot , im after info re reading the codes on a 51 reg micra 1.4

do i need a code reader ? if so can anyone recommend a cheap one ....

thanks a lot /:suspect:

thanks for the link , doesent the car have a plug in port .... i thought id be able to just plug in a read codes ?

the car is a 51 plate micra ...

Now I've plugged in the new MAF sensor, I'm going to try the paperclip trick because my engine management light still comes on each time I turn the ignition, even though it usually goes out after about 5 mins driving.

I have the orange code reader you linked on eBay (think mine is a U380 though if that makes any difference), works just fine in my X reg.

thanks for the replys gents , anyone got a picture or a link to where the port is to plug into , had a quick look into the fuse box but was a bit dark ill have a gander in the morning ...... :p

dudes how do these units power up ?? do they use the cars power or do you fit batterys in the unit ?

iv got the 480 unit off ebay for £23 squid .....not pluged it into the car as yet . Let me know if you lot can help / knowledge is power (Y)

sorted now thanks again .

Fault code was p0100 >> only one code reset it and it went out for 10mins then returned .

think its the maf sensor circuit ..... anyone shed any light on this code and a fix ?

is it a new / second hand throttle body ?

let me know cheers ...." you can with a nissan " (Y)

sorted now thanks again .

Fault code was p0100 >> only one code reset it and it went out for 10mins then returned .

think its the maf sensor circuit ..... anyone shed any light on this code and a fix ?

is it a new / second hand throttle body ?

let me know cheers ...." you can with a nissan " (Y)

I found an instuction manual on the web: http://www.sixtek.fi/pdf/U480.pdf
which confirms your code as: P0100 Generic MAF or VAF A Circuit Malfunction

My solution was to replace the MAF sensor (thanks Frank), since Bosch won't supply a genuine part for £80 or more, I had to spend £27 on ebay: http://bit.ly/ewbuLI

The Nissan dealership told me I had to replace the entire throttle body, total cost £640 + VAT.
Since I didn't feel like being ripped off, I found an enthusiasts' forum and joined it...:grinning:

thanks for the info thats very informative ..... ill look into getting the car sorted ... thanks again for all the replys .

we can rebuild them .....:blush:

Back