4 - 2 - 1 exhaust manifold.

superls

K10 Tuner
Hi everyone,

im getting a fabricator friend of mine to make me a 4 into 2 into 1 manifold for the k10. what we need to know is, does it matter which cylinder ports are connected together,

ie. 1-2, 3-4
or 1-3, 2-4
or 1-4, 2-3

?????

is there any differencein the configurations?

its going to be made mild steel a minimum of 1.5 inch od.
its going to join the 4 into 2 as it drops down the front of the engine and 2 into 1 as it goes under the engine.

any feedback will be greatly appreciated

superls

p.s. depending on the success and interest ive talked him into possibly producing a few of them...

i would have said so taking into consideration how restrictive the standard manifold is....

i havent spoken prices with him yet, but when i no ill let you know, but im having one anyway, so when its done ill take photos and whatnot.

You really want the 1-4 to connect and the 2-3 to connect, it does matter andits does make a difference, its all to do with the time difference when a cylinder is on its exhaust stroke.

will it improve bhp?? if so then count me in!!

Your only talking about a few bhp increase but its will come in lower down and your torque will be higher up the power band.....basicly.

I thought 1-3 and 2-4 would be bad as that would be a high volume of gasses down the same pipe as if I remember rightly 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 fire together.
Also I think the length of pipe is important as the restriction has to be the same.

You could modify a Mk3 fiesta manifold if you want to be cheap as they are 4-2-1 as standard.

only one plug ignites the mixture at a time, 1-4 and 2-3 reach the top of the stroke at the same time but at different stages of the cycle.

Oh right, I'm still learning about the strokes and that.

lol sounds like it

..no for the road you wont a 4 into 2 into 1 thats 1-4 and 2-3 together like this one
2-Picture%20344.jpg

will it improve bhp?? if so then count me in!!

yes it will increase bhp, but you'll get far more gains opening up the inlets. bob has a custom inlet system on ebay (i believe) for about the same price as a full exhast manifold and system would cost you, but you'll get about 20-25 bhp opening up the inlets. where as the exhast system will only give a gain of around 10bhp, not even that.

correct me if i'm wrong.

yes it will increase bhp, but you'll get far more gains opening up the inlets. bob has a custom inlet system on ebay (i believe) for about the same price as a full exhast manifold and system would cost you, but you'll get about 20-25 bhp opening up the inlets. where as the exhast system will only give a gain of around 10bhp, not even that.

correct me if i'm wrong.

your about right, its how and where it directs the power to in the power band that makes the real difference.

I wouldn't of throught you would even see a gain of 5bhp by only changing the exhaust manifold and system......
Change the inlet 1st if you dont want to then bin the standard carb for a little weber even that on a standard manifold make prob 10 more bhp

Back