4 -1 manifold

Yes, custom is the only option. Just ask around custom exhaust companies and see what people can do.

my dad can get hold of stainless pipes and has a bending machine, do you think making one up would be possible?

what exactly would i have to hange from the old one for better performance?

and what is the difference between 4 to 1 and a 4-2-1??

same thing mate 4 to 1 just means it goes from 4 pipes to 2 pipes to one pipe 4-2-1 means 4 pipes to 2 pipes to 1 pipe

You should be able to make one. But i think the bends on custom ones are strengthened as obviously you'll be weakening them otherwise. Thats what i would have thought though. Unless of course you go for a good few mm thick pipe!

to make one all you need to do is make a new exhaust manifold flange,

then measure the angles you need and buy them all ready bent, cut them, join them and weld them together

What, like this one?

I picked this up in Japan, it's made by Pheonix power. If there is interest i'll keep an eye out for some more. it's a work of art close up, all stainless pipework. If someone wants to offer me ridiculous amount of money I might be persuaded to part with it.

Attachments

• k10 exhaust 2.jpg
    k10 exhaust 2.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 249
That is veery nice indeed, I might start making some of these up over the summer if I can pick up some K10 bits cheap to use for reference.

i might have a crack at making one, i can get any bore and any thickness pipe i need so will go for a good thick one.

what do you rekon would be the best way to join the 4 into 2 then the 2 into one???

You can get a range of collectors of Demon-tweeks and I'm sure there will be many on eBay, quality may be dubious though.

Sammo, what I'd really want would be a K10 manifold+frontpipe and probably a head to do matching on, a gasket would be nice too.

i made this one out of an standard ex 2.0 16v vauxhall,not that hard to do
exif.php

and this one was made by tony law exhaust of leeds
2-Picture%20344.jpg

CRAIG:
PM sent

BOB:
Have you anyidea if the guy from leeds produced a jig or drawings?

Also, can you remember what cost, effort and time was for each of your custom manifolds?

Cheers

All 1 off hand made no jigs cus thats when you start getting crap quality like the off the shelf ones,look nice but very paw flow inside.
he will need your car for 2/3 days and price would be around £350+vat thats what it cost 2 years ago..

tony law exhaust 01132 715422

i might have a crack at making one, i can get any bore and any thickness pipe i need so will go for a good thick one.

what do you rekon would be the best way to join the 4 into 2 then the 2 into one???

buy a 2nd hand ex 2.0 16v vaux one and make it fit there stainless as standard,,,find them on ebay.

The Calibra one good enough? How well do the ports match up?
Also, why did you use 4-2-1 on your car, would not 4-1 have been more suitable?

Craig

The Calibra one good enough? How well do the ports match up?
Also, why did you use 4-2-1 on your car, would not 4-1 have been more suitable?

Craig

yes calibra is the same,you need to heat them up and pull um in and cut and re weld under the engine.

4 2 1 is better through the low rev range and up
4 into 1 only good at the top revs

What, like this one?

I picked this up in Japan, it's made by Pheonix power. If there is interest i'll keep an eye out for some more. it's a work of art close up, all stainless pipework. If someone wants to offer me ridiculous amount of money I might be persuaded to part with it.

how much do you want amy, I'll have that off you mate, please contact me at [email protected] with a price, hope to hear from you soon as I can not private message you through MSC because Im not a full member :blush:

Back