3D Printed shenanigans

Hi guys!

I've been kinda inactive for a long-ish time here so i beg your pardon, but i'll open this thread to show you some things i've been working on, as they are Micra specific and i think you'll like them

For starters i've been making a pair of front grills for the facelift hood, and as customizable everything 3d printed is, i've opted to embed a pair of Xenon high beams into them. They are 37,5 light points each, so they fit right inside the 100 light points limit we have in Spain for high beams (75 for these auxiliary beams + 25 for the stock beams). I like to think i've done a good job about it, but they still need work done.

1699998131989.png
1699998143104.png

1699998174164.png

I might actually decide on putting the headlights lower, as I actually want to make something else for the foglights (they aren't bound to the 100 point light rule) and just make regular grills for the hood. Let me know what you think!

Yes, the turbofan is printed.
No, i'm not showing it today :p

Lo trovo un ottimo lavoro. Le luci in questa posizione sono più efficienti: più alta è la posizione della luce, migliore è l'illuminazione che si ha in termini di portata e distanza senza disturbare i conducenti opposti. L'unica cosa che posso dire, ma è una cosa molto personale, è che al momento le luci sono molto visibili... Li renderei meno visibili, magari spostandoli un po' indietro se c'è abbastanza spazio.
Una domanda: le vostre ruote sono da 15 pollici?

Lo trovo un ottimo lavoro. Le luci in questa posizione sono più efficienti: più alta è la posizione della luce, migliore è l'illuminazione che si ha in termini di portata e distanza senza disturbare i conducenti opposti. L'unica cosa che posso dire, ma è una cosa molto personale, è che al momento le luci sono molto visibili... Li renderei meno visibili, magari spostandoli un po' indietro se c'è abbastanza spazio.
Una domanda: le vostre ruote sono da 15 pollici?
I'll answer based on what the translator gave me, so sorry if I mess it up!

The lights will definetely annoy other people as they are high beams that are meant to be turned off as soon as you see somebody. They do give a lot of light, that's for sure.

They can't also be any more receded as I already had to remove one of the horns to install the lights.

Regarding the wheels, they are 14 inch Momo Quasar, but they look bigger because of the turbofan.

Hi guys!

I've been kinda inactive for a long-ish time here so i beg your pardon, but i'll open this thread to show you some things i've been working on, as they are Micra specific and i think you'll like them

For starters i've been making a pair of front grills for the facelift hood, and as customizable everything 3d printed is, i've opted to embed a pair of Xenon high beams into them. They are 37,5 light points each, so they fit right inside the 100 light points limit we have in Spain for high beams (75 for these auxiliary beams + 25 for the stock beams). I like to think i've done a good job about it, but they still need work done.

View attachment 87443View attachment 87444
View attachment 87445

I might actually decide on putting the headlights lower, as I actually want to make something else for the foglights (they aren't bound to the 100 point light rule) and just make regular grills for the hood. Let me know what you think!

Yes, the turbofan is printed.
No, i'm not showing it today :p
Curious mate, could you print interior parts and what would the cost be? How would they hold up being subjected to UV, the elements etc? I ask as i have a K12 with the single DIn headunit and storage cubby. I am able to find the double din headunit but not the plastic surround that covers/goes around the headunit and centre vents. If you DM me I could send pictures of the factory parts/interior of both so you could have a better idea of what i am talking about? I realise it may be far more cost wise than is really viable but if you would be able to advise in DM that would be appreciated!

I'll answer based on what the translator gave me, so sorry if I mess it up!

The lights will definetely annoy other people as they are high beams that are meant to be turned off as soon as you see somebody. They do give a lot of light, that's for sure.

They can't also be any more receded as I already had to remove one of the horns to install the lights.

Regarding the wheels, they are 14 inch Momo Quasar, but they look bigger because of the turbofan.

Woops! Sorry, sorry again! A bad copy-paste!

Curious mate, could you print interior parts and what would the cost be? How would they hold up being subjected to UV, the elements etc? I ask as i have a K12 with the single DIn headunit and storage cubby. I am able to find the double din headunit but not the plastic surround that covers/goes around the headunit and centre vents. If you DM me I could send pictures of the factory parts/interior of both so you could have a better idea of what i am talking about? I realise it may be far more cost wise than is really viable but if you would be able to advise in DM that would be appreciated!
Hi! I *should* be able to print interior parts, but the finish would be "meh" at best. You'd be in for a lot of sanding on a part that could actually be more expensive than getting it from a breaker.
However, i'm open to getting said pics in the DM so we can discuss it further, as you might be able to find a solution!

Back