3 gauge piller pod

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
As the title says is there a 3 gauge piller pod that is a good fit for the k11, I have looked on ebay and to be honest they look a little on the large side, I also did google search but that proved to be fruitless...maybe its time to fabricate one of these to see how hard it is...........I was thinking along the lines of spare piller cover from scrap yard with some 52mm pipe cut, shaped and bonded then the whole lot coverd with felt and resin finally sprayed up in satin mat black ....................I wonder:grinning: :grinning:

sounds like a good idea. Im making one to go next to my standard instrument panel outta fibreglass. And then I'll belnd it in with the dash.

yes seen that done in another build looks good......i bought a double dash pod and fitted it in the centre of dash next to instrument cluster but my honest opinion is its crap I dont like it one bit....I then thought of using part of centre dash where heater controls is and incorporating that into a dash mounted pod, trouble is there that the holes are to large. Also mounting the gauges on top of dash obscures 35% of them down the right hand side again not the most ideal place to put them unless you put them on a angle to the driver which brings me back to piller mount.
I have just been to my local homebase store to look for plastic pipe of the correct bore shame there is none so it might just be as easy in this case to just buy a universal piller mount and adabt it to suit............

Japseye.

Plastic PVC pipe made to British Standards will have an internal bore of 50mm and an external bore of 56mm. This is why you can not find 52mm pipe.

yep got some 52mm steel exhaust pipe and have been to B&Q to look at more plastic pipe for the weight issue and I got hold of some grey plastic connectors so tried gauge and yes the internal bore is to small, but what i thought was if i cut down its length and use the cut side to bond to piller then with a couple of match sticks to keep it open just a few mill that would be ok once its bonded in situ, then when covered and finnished off you will never know the cut was there...................

Back