20mm wheel spacers? do i need to extend my wheel bolts? or will it be fine ?

You certainly won't need any bolts (Threaded hole in the hub and long bolt through the wheel into the hole). The K11 micra has studs and nuts (threaded bar attatched to the car, that the wheel passes over and then a nut screws down onto the wheel).

Safest? (the only allowable method of spacing in most motosport) is to fit extended studs, have a spacer that slots over and then the wheel fits over the extended stud and seats on the spacer. With the nut tightening down on top of that. It is best that these spacers are also Hubcentric (the centre hole in the spacer fits snugly to the centre spigot of the hub, with a simmilarly size protrousion (spigot) on the front face to help the wheel tighten centrally.

ichibatype1spacer.jpg

All other techniques require futher fixings to be used, increasing the chance of failure.

Imho, the next best would be a spacer that fixes onto the hub that then has another set of stud or bolt holes offset 45 degrees. Often called Bolt on spacers - but their design varies to include studs or bolt holes. These can also be bought as pcd adaptors, to change the PCD of the vehical - opening up a whole world of interesting and exciting wheel possibilities. (see the civic sedan in this months Fast Car mag)

Ford%2015mm%20bolt%20on%20wheel%20spacers.jpg

Next would be stud extensions/spacers - A threaded extension screws onto the stud, providing an extended externally threaded section. I've rarely heard a good word said about these, though have no personal experience. Several on here have used them without problems.

2%20universal%20spacer%20&%20extension%20studs.JPG

Pics are all for illustration purposes of the theory, they are not a suggested possible product!

There's some info on replacing studs here, about a third of the way down the first page. The front is pretty much the same, but easier because there is more access from behind - just remember to hang the brake caliper from the spring with some wire or chunky cable ties so that the flexi pipe and fittings isn't put under tension.

You certainly won't need any bolts (Threaded hole in the hub and long bolt through the wheel into the hole). The K11 micra has studs and nuts (threaded bar attatched to the car, that the wheel passes over and then a nut screws down onto the wheel).

Safest? (the only allowable method of spacing in most motosport) is to fit extended studs, have a spacer that slots over and then the wheel fits over the extended stud and seats on the spacer. With the nut tightening down on top of that. It is best that these spacers are also Hubcentric (the centre hole in the spacer fits snugly to the centre spigot of the hub, with a simmilarly size protrousion (spigot) on the front face to help the wheel tighten centrally.

ichibatype1spacer.jpg

All other techniques require futher fixings to be used, increasing the chance of failure.

Imho, the next best would be a spacer that fixes onto the hub that then has another set of stud or bolt holes offset 45 degrees. Often called Bolt on spacers - but their design varies to include studs or bolt holes. These can also be bought as pcd adaptors, to change the PCD of the vehical - opening up a whole world of interesting and exciting wheel possibilities. (see the civic sedan in this months Fast Car mag)

Ford%2015mm%20bolt%20on%20wheel%20spacers.jpg

Next would be stud extensions/spacers - A threaded extension screws onto the stud, providing an extended externally threaded section. I've rarely heard a good word said about these, though have no personal experience. Several on here have used them without problems.

2%20universal%20spacer%20&%20extension%20studs.JPG

Pics are all for illustration purposes of the theory, they are not a suggested possible product!

There's some info on replacing studs here, about a third of the way down the first page. The front is pretty much the same, but easier because there is more access from behind - just remember to hang the brake caliper from the spring with some wire or chunky cable ties so that the flexi pipe and fittings isn't put under tension.
yeah sorry, i did mean the studs, so how would i go about finding the extended studs? i want 25mm rear, 10mm front

iirc = if i remember correctly, it's got nothing to do with the studs.

Just had a search and it looks like it was 14.3. Often listed as Nissan/Subaru type with M12x1.25 thread.

iirc = if i remember correctly, it's got nothing to do with the studs.

Just had a search and it looks like it was 14.3. Often listed as Nissan/Subaru type with M12x1.25 thread.
ohh haha thanks, and okay man! big help! i'll follow you for that lol

quick Q, how do i remove my studs that are already on, so i dont go buying new ones then not being able to fit them ?

Bit of me using an existing thread here... theres rubbish availability of these longer studs it seems, only a couple of ebay places and theyre not nissan/micra specific. Does anyone have a link/know somewhere i can definitely get extended studs from?

Back