2010 k12 diesel looking cool

Image0501-3.jpg
I bought this car last year pre reg no miles, lowered it 40 mm new 17inch wolfrace split rim,s an put a diesel power box on . 0- 60 now 9 seconds , but the touqe is orsome . Straight up to 120mph you want to see there face,s as a micra diesel distroys them.(Y)

C'mon guys, feel the love! Car looks ace mate - seriously toying with a dCI 82 Sport+ myself at the moment :).

i dont think a £98 diesel powerbox will distroy the engine , even though its set a 8 on a 1to 8 settings, i just open the box an click on the power ratio i want. It dosent missfire or flood on number 8 an the fuel consumtion is just the same , mabye better . i just altering the manufactures crap emmision regs an letting the car run has it should, not how they want to, its the 86bhp virsion one of the last k12 ,s made, it cost £6950 on a ten plate with no miles, you could have bought as many as you like at that price while stock,s lasted an you payed no extra for metalic coulor,s. its only the vista model but the n-tex,s were only £7500 , but they were all petrol. An a diesel engine is quicker an more powerful than the 1200 when moded an less to run. The way it holds the road with 205- 40mm is ace, an on twisty roads will see off most cars. i had a guy with his girlfriend in a tvr soft top showing of on a twisty duel carrigeway, he would not let me pass ,an he was on his bottle limit, so i undertook him , he was steaming an the girl laughed he self nuts at him.

I would never go back to a petrol Micra. Unless it was some future variant with a small cc engine with a turbo and/or supercharger, without stupidly long gear ratios.

I love my diesel Micra (86bhp). Although the 0-60 isn't blistering it's got the power when you need it, real world driving (30 - 60, 40 - 70). I had a 1.2 petrol Micra a couple of months ago as a courtesy car. It felt so slow I even looked down to check that the handbrake was off!

It would definitely benefit from a 6th gear, but on the dual carriageway or motorway, put your foot down and there is no need to change down and no reving the t**s off it to get anywhere quickly.

I can imagine that a mapped one will be fairly rapid, especially with the improved handling. 50-60mpg and £30 road tax is a massive bonus too!

I know a fair bit about diesels ans tuning.... Them Tuning boxes are absolute ####e the only way is remapping / changing all the parameters....

Tuning Box = Engine Trouble

Remapping is the only way to go

Like you say.. you can change the tuning box 1 to 8.. to what ever you want? How can this be good for your car?

Those tuning boxes remind me of the old tuning boxes on petrol engines, which where just resistors in tarted up little boxes, fooled the engine into thinking it's running cold so it runs rich! I'm sure tuning boxes do a similar thing but to the pressure sensor so the pump flows more fuel than it thinks it needs
There is really only one way to get results a real remap designed to suit the cars tune, but on the other hand you can't deny that they do work, a bit pikey but not everyone wants to pay top dollar for a few extra torque and bhp, and engine damage is generally the last thing on their minds, especially as there aren't many cases "YET" of these things killing motors, still early days though

Usually a tuning box connects up into the airflow meter.... It intercepts the signal to tell the engine that more air is going in.. and there fore more diesel is pumped in and thats where your power comes from (hence a diesel with a tuning box is smokey, unburnt diesel)..... but just beware... It's not long before things start going wrong

Do you work for a remapping garage , Im under WARRANTY an unplug the power box an its back to normal, what would i tell nissan if they ran a scan on the car an found it remapped :eek::eek::eek:

Back