200bhp out of a 1.0s? Is it possible?

P

Panjabi

HOW DO I DO IT??

Without upgrading engine?
Can I get more out of my car?

I don't really want to spend more than 2-3k. Realistic budget or being too tight???
So what should I do?

5th Injector?
Turbo charger?
Custom oil pipes etc?

What would it do to insurance?

I used to be so good at this stuff but havent been involved in any projects fo a good few years.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

struggling alot there mate!

3k might just get 200bhp out of a 1.3 turbo'd.

depends where you skimp on the costs.

you can easily get 200bhp out of a 1.0 if you dont want it to last, nice 150 shot of nos!

Well for that budget its simply not going to happen. It would be a mega turbo system.

Realistically the only way that will happen is with N20. £500 for the kit leaves you with the rest to spend on replacment engines/headgaskets/clutches hahaha

yes you can get 200+ from a 1.0 .....but how will the engine last ????
at 13000rpm +2bar boost ...and some 75ps shots of NOS

http://www.rcdevelopments.com/gallery/madmicra.htm

Something like this. Ok I need to increase the budget. Yep thats my main worry too. A turbo could mean premature wear and tear on a 1.0. Considering a sr20 red top... obviously a larger radiator etc will be needed

Finding more Info in that JamieGti thread so will let this one die... hehe cheers

and that guy who did the blue micra... the project touched on 6k

You would need no where near 13000 rpm and 2 bar boost + 75 nos lol :)

Panjabi said:
http://www.rcdevelopments.com/gallery/madmicra.htm

Something like this. Ok I need to increase the budget. Yep thats my main worry too. A turbo could mean premature wear and tear on a 1.0. Considering a sr20 red top... obviously a larger radiator etc will be needed

Finding more Info in that JamieGti thread so will let this one die... hehe cheers

and that guy who did the blue micra... the project touched on 6k

Haha, Glad it helped!
That thread kind of changed my mind. I went to look at a Sunny Gti-R yesterday instead! :laugh:

I learned ALOT of stuff about the k10 though, It shouldn't cost you more than £3-4k if you can do some of the work yourself?

I know where to get parts, etc for turbo's, intercoolers etc. If you fancy giving it a bash! I'll tell you one things though: 200hp? You'll need forged pistons, rods and new rings! There's no chance you're going to spend £4k on a car that's going to throw a piston on it's second run!

-Jamie

Back