2003 micra Se Not locking battery draining

I have a 2003 micra with some problems. It rarely locks. Constantly says a door is open. We have changed the door sensors to no avail. It sometimes does go off whilst driving sometimes for 5 'minutes but often or not just 5 seconds.

The interior light has been disconnect but the battery is draining within a day or so.We have replaced the battery.

We can manually lock the passenger door but not the drivers door. Any advice on what to try?

It's sounding the likely culprit. Remove the boot lining by carefully unpopping it,remove the plug off the switch,or have a small piece of wire you can easily put into the connector from the car to short it,thats the only way of opening the boot once the switch is disconnected,then either buy a new switch,or what I did was feed wires through the boot lid,in through the car and put in a new Halfords "any" switch inside the car easy to hand. Stops battery from draining til it's replaced

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

This could be worth looking into,its c+c but similar issue.
661e7a0c1e23e041735df7fd8a415849.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Sorry but a common fault on this age car, is the body control unit. It drains the battery, hazard lights wont switch off, doors wont lock/unlock.
190 quid done by nissan in sheffield in January this year.
Fingers crossed your new battery fixes it

Back