2003 Micra 1.2 SE K12 Flat Battery HELP!

My partners K12 is lying in our driveway with a flat battery, so can't get access from the remote intelligent key. Tried the passenger door with the key and the mechanism seems to have failed.

Any suggestions to get into the car?

Have also jacked up the car to try to find the bonnet release cable but to no avail...

Have tried to get access from the front two indicators but can only prise them out about an inch as they seem to be bolted under the bonnet

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

battery charger connected to the alternator or starter lead maybe michael ? (from underneath)

Do I connect the positive to the alternator and negative to somewhere else and this should give me power to at least open the doors using the remote?

Thanks for your reply frank!

there should be a fat lead to the alt and starter mate, + on that one and earth on some bare metal somewhere eh :)

I can't find this starter cable, would anyone happen to have a picture of it from beneath the car? I'm ready to pull my hair out!

This should be right

863af03b-ef69-424a-bc46-ee624cf309ac_zps0bf6bc6b.jpg

I've connected it to the bolt under that little plastic flap, 0.3-0.4 amps showing...still remote not working

I'll show you what I've done

Positive connected like so...

uhute4as.jpg

Negative connected...

eneqytaj.jpg

And the display of amps...

a7yty8yn.jpg

And getting nothing :(

praps k12,s are wired different to k11,s then mate ?
the fat lead to the starter on ours are full-time 12v live

Last edited:
uqy7yrug.jpg

That looks like it could be the bonnet release cable, but I've no chance of even getting a pair of pliers on that to try to pull it

It isn't a booster charger, it is more of a trickle charger I think?

The only thing I can't think to do is break the driver side indicator grill to try to pull the bonnet release cable, the cable isn't a bare cable though, would that work to release the catch?

ave8aten.jpg

That's how the grille looks so it's definitely bolted beneath the bonnet, would hate to break it and still not be able to open the bonnet :(

even a trickle charger should show a high amperage if you short the 2 wires tho eh, i would try it on another battery

Got my hand around the bonnet release cable behind the indicator grill and gave it a good tug...would not pop open.

I give up

If I was to slightly bend the door out and wrap a wire coat hanger round the interior door handle and and pull it would it open? Or is this impossible without the car having power? Will it be deadlocked or what?

2uzara2u.jpg

Brute force on the bonnet release cable has destroyed the indicator grill and the bonnet still won't release.

I regret starting this now :(

Worst designed car ever! If nissan made a back-up key cylinder you'd think it would be bulletproof, clearly not.

Back