speedo problems

C

climbinghutch

Hey,

So, picked my Micra on Sunday night, i don't think i've so much fun in a car since i sold my first Mini! However, i've got some things to sort out and need a little advice.

The car has r/c/l but the key is well knackered. I've contacted Nissan and they said it would be £130 for a replacment! Anyone know of companies that can do it a little cheaper?

Also, as its an import the speedo has never been converted from KPH to MPH, i bought a MPH speedo off ebay but after i got the dash apart i found out its different. The KPH speedo face just the flexible plastic face whereas the MPH speedo has a solid backing. Any help on this one would be great? Have i just bought an updated speedo or do all the MPH speedo's have a solid backing?
I have found out that i can get a conversion to make my KPH dial read MPH but it would only use one half of the speedo so if can get a MPH speedo to fit this wound be alot better.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Im guessing r/c/l is a radio casette?

no one apart from nissan can unlock your headunit, your better off looking at www.caraudiosecurity.com or www.caraudiodirect.co.uk for a replacement cd-mp3 unit.

for the speedo, as far as my knowledge goes you would need to replace the face and get a conversion box installed.

Mike

OP
OP
C

climbinghutch

no sorry, i work for auto trader so am used to abrivations. r/c/l, is remote central locking.

Ian

Ex. Club Member
if i were you. For now try getting a whole clock cluster unit from a UK scrapped micra and fit that, if possible.

as for your central locking. John whitmore found a company that did the alarm keyfobs. he posted his findings on the old forums. I;ll get in touch of him for you and find out what company it is. THat is of course, your alarm is a nissan one?

Ian