• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

2002 k11 1.0 built to 1.3

Hello all, first time poster here. I have a spare 1.0 coilpack engine which is like to make a 1.3 out of, to eventually turbo.
Is it essentially a case of getting an engineering company to bore the block and install bigger pistons? Is the rest the same, ie crank and rods and head?

Any help is appreciated.

They all use the same bore except the cga3de /1.4
Just other then that different piston s , conrods ,crank..and cams
Cheapest.and possibly the most reliable? Would be to use a coil pack block (cg10) and head then put cg13 pistons, crank and conrods then a set of cga cams.and probs ecu

So it's be a mix of my cg10 with crank, con and pistons from cg13 and the cams and the ecu from a 1.4?

If I get the nistune ecu, can I use that for different engines? As in for a 1.0 and the 1.3?

Apologies for so many questions

The first bit yeah, the etc wise a 1.4 should work straight away , don't think a nistune .edu would.do much unless the engine gets tuned or turbo as you said you are.going to do at.a.later date
Theres a few.lads on here who will be better on the ecu

I can't say that my engine was tuned before any other mods (because it wasn't) but I get the sense there is modest but significant gains to be had from tuning only. I'm not sure if nistune is able to do the coilpack ecu.

Back