2.0 Micra?

meji

Club Member (Trial)
I was just wondering what engines from which cars have people used to do this conversion?

EDIT: I'm 17 and do not plan on doing this until maybe 2011 :D just curious.

Usually is an SR20DE from an almera or primera

or if your feeling adventurous the SR20DE(t) from a 200sx or pulsar...

Ahh I was wondering if it was simply an Almera or Primera cause when I went to the scrapyard for the Primera air box I noticed the engines like pretty much the same :D

I'm guessing it all fits in place directly? Or need to make some engine mounts myself, etc?

its alot of work,

check out "Kristians" blog,

requires, custom mounts for the engine, gearbox, the looms from the donor car, dials, upgrade of the brakes, suspension, pretty much everything needs to be changed, its a huge undertaking, but i guess the rewards are worh it!

but it needs a lot for reasearch and preperation, but good luck (Y)

Ahh right, well I'll check his blog out now.

But yeah I fancy keeping my Micra but having something more under the hood, obviously in a couple years when I'm older, for now my 1.0 is more than enough :)

Thanks for the info mate.

Ahh right, well I'll check his blog out now.

But yeah I fancy keeping my Micra but having something more under the hood, obviously in a couple years when I'm older, for now my 1.0 is more than enough :)

Thanks for the info mate.

no worries,

i'm looking at doing the exact same things within the next 2 years, though 1.3 turbo or 2.0 i am still trying to decide lol

i'm considering,

but looking at blogs and research, its more work and not always a good power/reliability ratio :(

i think a 2.0 lump would be quicker and safer? i will be starting discusions with K after i get some major body work done in spring next year ;)

i'm considering,

but looking at blogs and research, its more work and not always a good power/reliability ratio

i think a 2.0 lump would be quicker and safer? i will be starting discusions with K after i get some major body work done in spring next year

True i think it all needs time to get the job done properly and succesfully, i hope to do something along those lines with the SR (whenever I find one that is :p) good luck with it matey.

im shure there was one 1.6 turboed it was red with the plastic windows that kristian now has and also had body torque on them too, also shure its on facetube (may be wrong on this)

but may be getting confused with anouther red micra

i was always led to belive that the 1.6 is better as the engine is stronger and can cope more with bhp/torque, may be also wrong on this too but if anyone could say ya or nay???

the red one with windows that k now owns was lil bandit, dave bulls old car, that was the one with the SR20DeT and about 400bhp :)

Yup that was little bandit, sr20det, so an almera 2.0 engine turbo'd not the pulsar engine as some people think. But yeah to get the topic on track, a heck of a lot of work lol. Espeically the sr20det as the added size of the turbo etc means the bulkhead had to be chopped back and moved 4 inches in 'bandit.

Flat_out

the 2ltr is much harder to fit than the 1.6 and in my eyes for cost etc not worth it. i was just quoted £4,000-£8,000 to get a sr20det fitted properly. so what i do plan to do eventually is a 1.6 turbo and the reason is because it basically fits right in with not much modification. and if you could get a 1.6 turbo to near 300bhp or more then not much will keep up and thats just what i like :D

:glare: im not on about the price although 4000-8000 is daft money! you are silly to pay that! (just do it yourself)
its harder to fit the 1.6 because of the pullys ect.
phil/alienfish360 will confirm this.

STANI QUOTE: not much will keep up. if thats what you think lol

God knows why but last night I had a dream where my Micra was stripped in the back and it had a 2.2 turbo engine. It was also rear wheel drive.

(Weird dream I know) Would that be possible? To stick an engine in the back of the car, etc?
Would be a craazzy modification tbh :D

anythink can be done bud its just the price of it, but i think most small cars have been rear engined. if i had the time and money i would have it twin engined :D

I'm joining the Navy next year, so basically earning money and not spending it like ever, so I'm hoping to be able to do some ridiculous conversion on my Micra because I'll have the money to do it.

well if you are going to have the money 1.6/1.6t....2L/2Lt....RWD...4x4....or twin engine the choses are endless but apart from the usual 1.6/2L swap (even though there is ltd info) you are on your own with the rest as i dont think its been done

have a good look into it, and see where you would sorce the parts that are needed

God knows why but last night I had a dream where my Micra was stripped in the back and it had a 2.2 turbo engine. It was also rear wheel drive.

(Weird dream I know) Would that be possible? To stick an engine in the back of the car, etc?
Would be a craazzy modification tbh :D

You know you're going insane when you dream your micra had a 2.2 turbo RWD.

2.0 liter ingine is perfect,kost some money but always better than a 1.6 swap.
When you dit a 1.6 swap you already want a 2.0 in your car.
I got now 160bhp and want more.....

but the problem is that its harder to turbo the 2.0 as there isnt the space. a 1.6 is basically bolts in then its easy to turbo. i have done the 1.6 conversion and its turbo'd aswell.

Get the blog updated glen(Y). Was watching that conversion closely and then progress seemed to stop, sounds like u been cracking on though eh

Flat_out

Speaking from experience, i have fitted a 2 litre in my k11 micra, from a primera GT. And theres still room for a turbo conversion. It took me ages to find a suitable rad that fit nicly though.
The car was off the road for 4 years but is well worth doing. You just have a massive smile on your face every time you drive it, i would definatly recomend it to anyone.
If you cant do it yourself, i wouldnt like to put a cost on doing the job. It took me a lot of man hours to do, and i still need to finish a few things.
I hope you do something though, the world needs more Big Power micra's.

:glare: im not on about the price although 4000-8000 is daft money! you are silly to pay that! (just do it yourself)
its harder to fit the 1.6 because of the pullys ect.
phil/alienfish360 will confirm this.

STANI QUOTE: not much will keep up. if thats what you think lol

this price was 40 hours labour, fully seam welded and full custom rollcage, stand alone system and obviously the 2ltr fitted and setup so its reasonable and you have the thing where if anything goes wrong you can take it back. you dont if your doing it in your garage yourself

this price was 40 hours labour, fully seam welded and full custom rollcage, stand alone system and obviously the 2ltr fitted and setup so its reasonable and you have the thing where if anything goes wrong you can take it back. you dont if your doing it in your garage yourself

ah well in the previous post you didnt include them extras:p, you just said the sr20 fitted, but for all that its still a silly price. you can get the sr20 for £100 with all the needed extras from the car. you can get a full FIA 12 point cage for £600 and seam welded isnt a must and whats wrong with the sr20 ecu? and for working hours, 3 mates you can have it done in 40 hours or less and you know how it was built lerning it inside out, then the loom lets say £15 a hour full days work 2 at a push for an auto electrician to wire in the loom and £250 MAX! for custome drive shafts or £150 sleve welded

so without the cage ect, and just the engine in and running thats no more £700, even cheeper if you do the loom yourself

ah well in the previous post you didnt include them extras:p, you just said the sr20 fitted, but for all that its still a silly price. you can get the sr20 for £100 with all the needed extras from the car. you can get a full FIA 12 point cage for £600 and seam welded isnt a must and whats wrong with the sr20 ecu? and for working hours, 3 mates you can have it done in 40 hours or less and you know how it was built lerning it inside out, then the loom lets say £15 a hour full days work 2 at a push for an auto electrician to wire in the loom and £250 MAX! for custome drive shafts or £150 sleve welded

so without the cage ect, and just the engine in and running thats no more £700, even cheeper if you do the loom yourself

i just wouldnt trust the £700 option to be honest, i think you should do it and make a blog with the costs :D

Back