1993 loom to 1998 loom. Help

Paul Smith

Site Supporter
I have part of my 93 loom running from my omex I'm looking to join with a 98 micra loom but they are completely different. They are found on the side of a standard ecu. Any idea what colors do what and or would marry to each other.
I know it's a big ask but I'm sure we can work it out...

Thanks

First pic of 4 connectors (only 3 big ones were plugged in) need to work with the 2 other ones from a standard 98 micra

Attachments

• 1389647876933.jpg
    1389647876933.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 1389647917345.jpg
    1389647917345.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 192
Using auto data it says the ecu pins and cable colours are the same 93 to 2000. This isn't right because these two looms are very different

the nats and pre nats differ on the ecu plug by about 5 wires iirc paul, but the smaller black/white/brown connectors will be the ones you need to figure out tho eh

I do but unsure where the fuel relay in the 98 is. The wiring diagrams are good but not sure where in the car the relay is. On the 93 it's by your right foot behind the cover. I believe in the 98 it's one of them on the fuse box but there are 5 so not sure which one it is.
Once I've located it I can work out where and how to bring the omex part in to play

the relay is in the pillar there on the preface nats paul, its the facelift k11,s that had a lot of wiring changes eh (post 98)

Any ideas with the brown connector. On the wiring diagrams it has 3 or 4 wires from it. However mine has 12. Of which none have married up to the nats micra yet. Also I have 4 cables from the nats micra left and in total I have 25 from the 93 micra left. Very odd.
On the nats wiring diagram it shows 4 connectors but I only seem to have 2???

nah, on the facelift diag it shows 2 smaller plugs near the big ecu plug, and on the pre-face diag 3 smaller plugs.
so if the later diag colours match to your 12 wire plug you,re sorted :)

Had a night off the car yesterday. So going to have another go tonight. See if I can find these other 2 small connectors

Had a night off the car yesterday. So going to have another go tonight. See if I can find these other 2 small connectors
Any ideas with the brown connector. On the wiring diagrams it has 3 or 4 wires from it. However mine has 12. Of which none have married up to the nats micra yet. Also I have 4 cables from the nats micra left and in total I have 25 from the 93 micra left. Very odd.
On the nats wiring diagram it shows 4 connectors but I only seem to have 2???
nah, these 2 paul ^

take no notice of the colour eh, if you have 2 connectors, then its more likely to tally with the coilpack loom diags (which has 2 connectors also)

I've been a plank lol focusing on the cables running from connectors in to the car. Where as I should have looked at what connectors are actually used by the omex. The brown connector for example only uses 3 wires but has loads out the back.

I'm happier now because there seems to be the right amount left lol

It's no good lol I need to find a wiring diagram to match the 98. I've used the nats ones but it's still taking me off to connections I don't have. The colours don't match up either on these last few lol

Back