1993 k11 Micra failing to start/ power loss & stalling

CMF_Matthew1234567890

» CMF Member
Hi all,
I have a 1993 k11 Micra that last year required re-soldering of the throttle body which worked a treat. Thanks to the information you had posted online, thank you.
Having recently passed a further MOT and being trouble free for the past year for the first time last week failed to start having been driven on a fairly short trip to the local shops.
Looking online I removed the fuel pump fuse from under the dash and she started first time and I got her home. Having done some research I have changed the engine temperature switch and checked the leads etc... However the problem persists. She will start instantly from cold however once up to running temperature coughs and splutters along until finally stalling and then won't start again until cooled or with the removal of the fuel pump fuse.
Has this been a common problem and is there a relatively easy fix, I am no mechanic however have always enjoyed rebuilding engines/ cars with the help of a manual and am not afraid to get in amongst the workings of an engine however with this I am a little lost, can anyone help?

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
Matthew1234567890 WROTE:

"Thank you frank, I will try what you suggest? How does this solve the problem?

its similar to the piggyback loom that nissan used to supply to cure the problem mate (a resistor and some wire basically)
and it reduces the coldstart enrichment duration too

Back