K11 Power Loss

CMF_cory

» CMF Member
My wife and I recently moved to AU and bought 2 micras, both 96, and are loving them.

One of them though has been having the, apparently all too common, random power loss. After taking it to a shop to have the codes read, and reading through multiple posts on this and other forums, it seems like the distributor is faulty and the crank angle sensor specifically.

Have been looking into new and used dizzys but the cost has been a little excessive and it seems silly to replace the whole thing when only the CAS is faulty.

Does it seem like I am on the right track here? And where would I find a CAS?

1996 Micra k11 2 Door Manual
Distributor #-22100-99B03

Cheers
Cory

CMF_mipcar

» CMF Member
Welcome Cory, your not so far from me. I'm out Berwick way.
Anyway dizzys are a problem, another member here 'mycra' has I believe successfully overhauled one for himself. You might want to message him to get more details.
There is also a company called Nardek www.nardek.com.au who sell reconditioned ones for about $350.

Mike

CMF_cory

» CMF Member
Thanks guys for the replies.

mipcar- I will check out Nardek and find 'mycra' to pick his brain.

At this point I am trying to work out whether I need a whole new distributor of if popping in a new cas will solve my issue...

CMF_mycra

» CMF Member
yeah sold that dizzy sorry...if im correct(dumb question) mipcar and cory you guys are in victoria right?? if so autobarn logistics is around the corner from you. i can get them parts you need for the reco and drop em off. your call buddy

CMF_cory

» CMF Member
hi mycra, thanks for jumping in here. I actually bought a used dizzy from another guy here on the forum. hoping that takes care of the problem...if not I'll hit you up for some brain pickin.

out of curiosity, when you say autobarn logistics, what exactly are you referring to?

Back