160sr cornering

R

RIK

what do people think of it,,yeah i know thers only a couple of owners on here but ide like to know, :)

i cant get over how wel it performs,comperd to my lowerd k11 with strut bars front and rear,,its not just abit better it kills it,also in the wet its ace,this car jus loves corners

i can take corners i used to strugle with the wheel on in my k11 at upto 20mph more in the 160 ,and thats easy it could go abit quicker if you really wanted to push it,but thers no need to take the risk as its very quick

and its a standard setup!,,wot does the other k12's handle like?

ive been intouch with alot of firms this last week about coilovers and come end of january i should hav a set fitted to the car, (ive had some good news today) as soon as i have the money it will be four weeks til ther fitted :) cant wait

i thought it was good, i still preferred my lowered k11 tho, but i'm strapped into buckets to lol.

i think its cos you still feel high up in the k12, well i did. never drove one in the wet so can't say mate.

as ive said before RIK my 1.0E k12 used to kickass in the corners...one of the best cars ive driven handling wise...so the SR must be brilliant...im assuming it has uprated equipment and especially with the wider wheels and lower profiles. I used to think a focus handled well till i drove a k12...altho ma gfs yaris t sport is pretty damm good for handling too!

JK

just to add the 160sr was a lot faster than my k11 through the bends, wasn't trying to say other way round. was a personal choice picking the k11,

will be ace with coil overs rik :)

lol i also had buckets in my k11 strapped in with 3 pointers ,also i guess you didnt drive it hard as you would if you owned it,,on my test drive i thoughti was ragging it,but once mine was run in i realised i wasnt lol think a whiteline kit k11 would be better,but the k12 would be standard whicj is really good

it can only get better after christmas,,titch wont be the only one with a set of Leda's on a micra :)

nah only really got half rag it with the bloke being there lol :D

did handle alot better than my k11. like you said best thing is this comes as standard :)

k12 preface lift handles better than a k11 but the preface lift doesnt handle as good as the facelifted k12 models due to the new roll bar thing

i love it ! i used to have a scooby and the 160 is soooo much more fun to drive!! unlike most front wheel drive cars it deosnt understeer a tad of rear wheel steer just brings the back end round a bit,plus if you take of the esp you can get her a bit sideways but nice and smoothly and controlable its a blast!!
The steering input [the way it feels] feels very simular to my old evo 6,crisp and precise ,love it!

OK, showing my ignorance again :down: but does the 160 refer to the engine size?

I have a 1.2SE K12 (since Saturday if you missed my other posts) and yes, it handles beautifully. It's been raining today so I'm getting to know what it's like in the wet but still taking it very easy compared to my normal style.

The K12 160sr is the new model launched by Nissan

Unfortuantely it doesn't stand for BHP, but yes 160 comes with the 1.6 engine.

LEEROY_UK said:
i love it ! i used to have a scooby and the 160 is soooo much more fun to drive!! unlike most front wheel drive cars it deosnt understeer a tad of rear wheel steer just brings the back end round a bit,plus if you take of the esp you can get her a bit sideways but nice and smoothly and controlable its a blast!!
The steering input [the way it feels] feels very simular to my old evo 6,crisp and precise ,love it!

yeah it does handle better than a scooby,i stayed with one up the country road i use to work and back,obv it had more power but he couldnt use it withought good handling, i was impressed and so was he,giving a lil nodd and hazards to me :)

yeh my scooby tended to understeer alot which is starnge for a 4 wheel drive car,its down to the fact that the wrx has a 60%front drive and 40% rear so itll behave simular to a front wheel drive car

RIK said:
it can only get better after christmas,,titch wont be the only one with a set of Leda's on a micra :)

Will be with a K11 tho! And you might have problems getting Leda ones made lol

Back