160 SR micra - Ibiza FR Tdi

C

Chris_FR

Im not normally a micra person, but heard a bit of disturbing news today about the 160SR and how nippy it is. now i have had a running with one when i had the Fiesta ST, and to my surprise, was on my a**e.

normally micra are ascoiated with pensioners (sorry to be a bit blunt), but the 160SR seems to have broke that mould and hat of to it, nice little pocket rocket too and ive heard the handling is spot on too.

just wanted to know really what standard 0-60 times you get with the 160SR and if they often beat what the manufacturers state?

cool site by the way!

when i had an SR for a few days a while back we clocked it at just over 8 seconds for the 0-62. I think Nissan say some where around 9/10 seconds mark though.

sounds about right really, what type of mods can you do to them and what power can you expect from em

yup it does 29.2mpg at the minute. only got 3k on it though so it may get slighty better.

For the 160SR you can get a supercharger from Impul and a K&N i think but thats all i ever found. I prefered my 1.2 to the 160SR lol

i drive one of these SRs and although i've never timed it it does propel nicely- torquey, just a bit slower p'haps than a 1.9 TDI golf diesel is the best way i can describe it.
i don't believe anyone has fielded a car to KnN so no air induction or filter available thru them, but of course, same ol' rumour that it has the Clio mrk3 Diesel airbox.. not substanciated yet
the supercharger is for the jap 1.5l SR engine no? again, so the uk lot not expert on this yet..
handling is ace as standard - springs ar e high like standard but STIFF. i rekon we need a reliable source of springs at a moderate cost to get the 160SR on the books. what RIK did (RIP) lightening his car was a great start but at what cost eh? the back bench can come out easily, but all the extras as default weigh the lil' baby down!
to conclude - yep i think this car beats the manufacturer's stated claims performance wise. it certainly feels 'big car' when driving. shame 1st gear is so short, but 4th gear is hungry from 40mph, shouty at 60, but this car likes the red line and 5000 revs up i open up a little like VVT on Toyot'/ Honda etc.
go for it!

this car in question is RIK's car i was talking to him on msn n i was asked to tell all :D

he won !!!-lol

stephen

ps i also beat a civic Sport at weekend, new model with 2 other people in the car :D... go me :)

Back