Micra 160 sr

Hi, My wife has just got a Micra 160SR just wondered if there is anything which would increase the bhp, ie any chips, exhaust, filters or is this car tuned to the max really?

there's nothing off the shelf and no one here has done any engine mods afaik. So it would have to be custom work which is going to be quite expensive.

thats the prob with new cars theres no major mods u can get but as it getts older more mods will be available . u could always turbo it

It will be quite an expense, as far as I know the ECU on the 160sr can not have a piggy back ECU attached to it, so you'd need a complete new ECU like omex.

You'll need custom manifold, custom piping for intercooler and feed to the throttle body. Then you'll need someone to fit it all, and map it, reckon you'll be looking at a fair few grand for it, probably not worth it, if you are interested though, Ed will be your man here to ask.

Well with other 1.6 turbo engines, 140 BHP will be easily acheivable.

I have a cat back stainless exhaust and induction kit on mine, check out my post in the tech area under my "micra on the street", should give you some ideas. Im workin on a few other things so me keep you posted

Back