15x7j ET20

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
A friend of mine is thinking about getting some wheels for his K11. He knows i've got aftermarket wheels on mine but needs some reassurance about this particular fitment.

Mine are Front 15x7j ET40

IMG_0069.jpg

Rear 15x7j ET30 (10mm spacer)

20110410MC00005-1.jpg

20110807MC00001-10.jpg

Trying to find a photo of the back wheels (like the front pic) is difficult,but you get the idea.

I havent had the arches rolled,but slightly stretched tyres have helped. Not sure if an extra 10mm on the backs would be too much?

Mainly aimed at Mark as we all know he is the club's wheel whore :p

Nice one bud, I would say an extra 10mm should work but might get the odd rub now and again :D

Can i ask, How low are you on front and rear as im tempted to get some rota grid v's 15x7j et 20 and 60mm springs :)

Cheers Tom

So your wheels are et 40, and the new wheels on yer pals car will be et 20? Looks like there would be clearence to me - a bit of a heavyier roll on the back or dont use the spacer, and a little camber on the front should see it clearing. What size tyres are on yours? could the lower offset wheels have 165/50's to tuck the tread a little more?

7_165_50_153_595.jpg

Loads of clearence even if the wheels gain a little poke! If the wheel needs to loose a bit of radius there's even 165/45s but I don't think they look quite as good as the slightly taller profile.

Hooded-1.jpg

Afterall plenty have run 7's with 5mm and McZ has got away with -7, all be it on 13"s (not that that makes any difference to the offset) so I recon it can be done.

Back