Wide Arches + Wide Wheels

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Some may know after reading the For Sale topic,that the moulds for the replica wide arches will soon be with me.

As i'll be fitting a set to my K11,i now need another set of wheels! At the moment i have:

Front: 15x7j ET40
Rear: 15x7j ET30 (10mm spacer added)

When i had my Calibre Dubs they were 15x7.5j ET30 which made them poke about 10mm from the front arches (but were flush at the back)

I'm not 100% sure how wide the arches are but i'm getting a good 40mm? Ideally i'll be wanting 15s maybe 14s.

What offset would i need for them to be flush (or near enough) with the arch. I presume it all depends on the width of the wheel? I know Solarice has 14x7j but cant remember the ET.

my 7 inch et5 wheels fit flush at the back and about 10mm out at the front, so you would need really wide wheels or a negative offset. and ideally front different to the back

I think i remember reading Solarice had ET0? But needed a 1-2mm spacer on the front to clear the calipers. It would be easier to get a wider wheel with a low-ish offset,rather than a wheel thats 7j for example with a low (negative) offset.

My work mate has got a damaged ATS Classic which is 13x8.5j but im unaware of the ET. Will have to borrow that when i get the arches and see what its like.

To answer about making arches,yes i will be making them. When,i dont know. Depends on spare time/money :)

I think i remember reading Solarice had ET0? But needed a 1-2mm spacer on the front to clear the calipers. It would be easier to get a wider wheel with a low-ish offset,rather than a wheel thats 7j for example with a low (negative) offset.

My work mate has got a damaged ATS Classic which is 13x8.5j but im unaware of the ET. Will have to borrow that when i get the arches and see what its like.

To answer about making arches,yes i will be making them. When,i dont know. Depends on spare time/money :)

Weller wheels? They make monstrous widths and offsets

14x8j ET-10...hm... just tried it on willtheyfit.com but i have no idea what tyre profile a 13x8 would have?!

+edit+

Just spotted their Compomotive MLs 13x8j ET-12 > 5 ....yum!

14x8j ET-10...hm... just tried it on willtheyfit.com but i have no idea what tyre profile a 13x8 would have?!

+edit+

Just spotted their Compomotive MLs 13x7j ET-12 > 5 ....yum!

Well 8 inches = 203.2mm so I'm guessing you'll need a profile of around that for no stretch

Looks promising :)

wheelimage.php

Well, if you need a pair of wide wheels for the back.....
theres three 4x108 sevens on the bay that would redrill to make an excellent staggared set.

i hate multi drilled wheels with a passion :( But thanks for the heads up Mark :)

Does the fitment above look good Mark? Baring in mind thats the back as the fronts are ET40 at the mo

I think I might be inclined to go 195/45 on 8/8.5 rims on the back would keep them looking faily simmilar to 175/50's on a seven on the front.

DSCF2114.jpg

Thats -13 8"s on the wide side of a car lowered with stock panhard rod. Tyres are 165/55's

I'm sure you must have already but check out tyrestretch.com to see how various tyres look on different widths.

-13, but as I say they were on the side were the lowering had moved the wheel away from the arch, so in effect probably making them appears something aaround 0.

i think you,re gonna have to experiment with wheels and tyres after you have fitted the arches imo chris fwn
you have to bear in mind the different front to rear trackwidths, and the scrub radius on the fronts.
i tried these et0,s on the front of mine and it was barely drivable :eek:

Attachments

• SDC10330.JPG
    SDC10330.JPG
    275.6 KB · Views: 941
Trouble is i cant really 'borrow' a set of wheels and tyres to trial fit. Only thing i can do is space it. I might give up on the idea as its something that needs to be right. By the time i buy new wheels and tyres,cut the arches etc it could work out to not working at all and as you said Frank,could make the car barely drivable :(

Play safeish, you can always space them a bit to get it spot on. You're welcome to borrow my 8"s all the time that I still own them - its quite a treck down this way though.

I dont wanna go spending £280 on wheels + £££ on tyres to then find a 13x8j ET0 wont fit :( I can space them that aint a problem but i dont wanna risk spending that amount of money for nothing.

Also,say i did buy the wheels,would i need to do anything with the studs on the hub? I've already got longer ones on the back,would i need even longer ones?

If you end up using bolt on spacers you'll probably need to cut the studs short. And if you are using bolt ons, why not make them adaptors and go to 4x114.3. Then fire up yahoo.jp and go shopping. Of course if you just use slip on spacers you'll need studs long enough to still get the wheels done up, that all depends on the style of wheels though.

You could trial fit the arch, measure out from your current wheel outer lip to where you want the wheel rim to sit, then draw it out full size so you could work out the width and ofset of that imaginary wheel, and use that as a guide.

If you end up using bolt on spacers you'll probably need to cut the studs short. And if you are using bolt ons, why not make them adaptors and go to 4x114.3. Then fire up yahoo.jp and go shopping. Of course if you just use slip on spacers you'll need studs long enough to still get the wheels done up, that all depends on the style of wheels though.

You could trial fit the arch, measure out from your current wheel outer lip to where you want the wheel rim to sit, then draw it out full size so you could work out the width and ofset of that imaginary wheel, and use that as a guide.

Or 5x114.3 (if they exist lol) even better choice

Why would you want to do that? 4x114.3 will have a much greater choice available searching for dishy wheels in jp.

Why would you want to do that? 4x114.3 will have a much greater choice available searching for dishy wheels in jp.

I find it much much easier getting rare rims for my s14 than I did for my s13 especially as more jap cars use 5x stud every sx from s14 up (bar na silvias) every skyline (bar na gt) supras, evos etc basically all the most commonly used tuner jap cars use the same pcd and if they don't then they are usually 5 stud

Mine are -15 up front on a 7j and -20 on a 7j at the back. The fronts are pretty much flush with no camber (but you'll want neg camber :D)...the rears could still come out a cm or so. The steering IMO is about the same as my old 7j +40's. (which means not fun while sitting still, but fine once moving)

The spacer up front was to avoid the caliper, but that was wheel design - normal steels cleared no problem.

Finding cheap 4x100's is a nightmare...as a result i very nearly went 4x114.3

Ah brilliant thanks Solarice for the help! Those Compomotives linked above with a offset of -12 would fit fine but its just the case of spacing them a lil bit to help. With the wheel being such a low offset did you have to extend the hub studs at all?

I run longer studs yeah, but only because of the spacers...normal ones will be fine, if youre just running the wheels or even a little spacer (few mm's). :)

You can of course trim the arches down a little bit to compensate, if you wanted to make the wheels sit 100% where you want them but without buying extra stuff.

Back