15.7@86mph

ok so i went to pod on sunday

i was very suprised how much grip i DIDNT get :ghostface but it did get abit better towards the end of the day (this didnt) reflect in my times though :s lol

i ran 15.7 and two 15.9

personally i think the track sufferd from saturdays bad weather.and i ran my times early sunday morning..so i could watch the show after

they was prepping the track for an hour before hand but i think a rwyb event is looking the best option on a dry day and run in the efternoon

Thats very good indeed. The first K12 160SR at santa pod. If I ever see your car I'm going to give it a good look over to see where you have hidden nitrous. :p can you post your time slips I would like to see them too :)

lol no hidded gas

my webcan isnt very good quality.but you can just make out the times

im uploading them now

pod3.jpg

pod2.jpg

pod1.jpg

If these are the kind of speeds all 160SR's will get, that deserves quite a healthy level of respect, which I admit I would have never thought possible.

I am entirly happy to accept Santapod times, they are a good comparison. You should join the club by the way and add the times to the time slips area. You would have the fastest proven NA micra in the club..

Ed

thanks ed..

did you know the track had had new tarmac not long ago? and i heard a few say how slippery it was. especially big powerd rwd car owners

Everyone always says that. I've been going there for 6 years now, people just dont get the times they expect and blame it on the track, but its actually one of the best and most consistant in the uk. I trust it above all others anyway. Your times are faster than stock march Superturbo by the way. I would need to see more data from other SR160s before I would be sure but its possible that at least under these conditions the 160SR may be the fastest production micra ever.

yeah i think i may have "a good one" if you know what i mean.

some times you get better engines out of a bunch.im happy with the times and no compliants from me !!

Christ that isn't a bad time at all... :|

Don't understand why my car was doing 16.7's @ 83mph...my mate's ST170 which is running 200 odd BHP was doing 15.1's and a 2.0 Focus running 150bhp at the wheels was doing only 15.9's. :S Cold day in early February.

That was my first time at the Pod. Tyres have about 3mm of tread on.

Get that car dyno'ed!

Ed you say that's the first 160SR at the Pod, it wasn't, I posted about me taking mine there a few weeks ago.

I'll find my slips and post them up.

My method of launching was to hold the clutch at bite, then use the handbrake rather than bringing the clutch up quick.

I didn't warm the tyres up beforehand though as I couldn't afford it! Lol.

nah i didnt bother warming the tires as its a road car at the end of the day and its only fun.

my method of launch was normal start but faster lol no use of handbrake for me

excellent times s-racing,

For a launch, trial and error works best, no need for a handbreak as its flat.

dip the clutch, hold the rev's at about 4500rpm then straight off the clutch when the lights go out and slowly press the foot to the floor.

Too much rpm and you'll spin loads = slow, Too little and you will bog down = slow.

As i say, trial and error on the surface untill you find the right rpm for a quick squeal on the tyres then off like a rocket

P.s my k11 had good result launching from normal tarmac at about 5K but that was suited to a certain section of road and the tyres i was using. but as mentioned 4.5K is a good starting point :)

quite a good time, well done.

i've been thinking about stipping mine out like i did with my k11, wonder what sort of times may be had there?

from looking theres quite a bit of weight can be removed from the k12.

160SR is not the fastest production micra/march ever.

the AK12 15SR-A is the fastest productuion Micra/March ever made. it has a 0-62 of about 7.5 seconds and tops out at 129mph if im correct...i've never seen a 1/4 mile time for them but i'm guessing it would be high 15's possibly even down into the low 14's....

I'll do some more digging.

nice time, but im sure there was another one at elvington other week running the same times !

now this is just food for thought... not going to say anything about this car, setup to it, track or timing equipment....

Mini ONE 1.6 with N/A setup of:

bigger TB, exhaust manifold and system, uprated camshaft, Remapand tuned by lohen to 150 BHP

ran a 1/4 in 15.45 or something.... trying to remember this now as this was al l in a magazine that is up my girlfriends jus now.

but i was bit confused as to standard micra 15.7 and a tuned mini 16.4

just thought id let you know :D

stephen

i heard a few say how slippery it was. especially big powerd rwd car owners
Lots of people say that, it's because the track is made as smooth as possible, designed for slick tyres that have maximum contact with the track. Street tyres have very little contact with the track compared to slicks due to all the grooves cut into the tyres, hence the apparent slippiness of the track.

I'll find my slips and post them up.
I didn't warm the tyres up beforehand though as I couldn't afford it! Lol.
Warming up slicks with a burnout is essential, warming up road tyres with a burnout is NOT necessary, and can actually make them perform worse. You are much more likely to get a better time if you drive around the water box (the puddle before the start line) as the street tyres are likely to retain some of the water leading to less grip off the start line.

Back