15-20psi on S/C, wow!

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
in my continuous quest for a normal running ST i was changing some vac lines and when i swapped the lines on solenoid U and also reversed the vac lines on the changover butterfly i got over 15psi on the boost gauge from about 2500rpm, i had to back of cause it looked like it would just keep going, man it was quick too!

this is good in one way, cause it means my SC is capable of the boost it is supposed to be running, but forwhatever reason, isn't getting the right vacuum signals to actually make that pressure

Yeah the SC's will do a lot of boost when they have no boost control. You dont need to change pulleys like some people say.

crazy amounts of boost! at least i know i'm making progress...

i'm starting to think wiring or solenoids now cause as far as i can tell from all the diagrams my vac pipes are 100% correct

i think i've changed all but one of the lines, if it IS that one (long yellow one behind intake and near firewall) thats rooted then i'll be kicking myself...

Yeah the SC's will do a lot of boost when they have no boost control. You dont need to change pulleys like some people say.

So hold on a minute discuss this further Ed,How would I get 1.2 bar(the same as my turbo boosting)from the blower?

haha that's all you get, its like a sampler chocolate box :D

if i figure it out i'll tell ya bazza!

Back