supercharger

hey people, can anyone tell me were abouts it is that i can un plug the supercharger please? im sure my sc isn't boosting propaly, iv not yet bort a boost gauge but until i do i just want to unplug the sc and see what the car runs like. im gona change all the vac hosing and check the solenoids cause i think iv got the same problem as smidge HAD.

hey people, can anyone tell me were abouts it is that i can un plug the supercharger please? im sure my sc isn't boosting propaly, iv not yet bort a boost gauge but until i do i just want to unplug the sc and see what the car runs like. im gona change all the vac hosing and check the solenoids cause i think iv got the same problem as smidge HAD.

I've a bypass valve pm me

my problem was two things:

vac lines all out of order
missing solenoid on the actual bypass actuator, meaning the ECU had no control over it

my NEW problem is that the bypass CONTROL valve is worn and allowing my supercharger boost to vibrate and not boost cleanly

my problem was two things:

vac lines all out of order
missing solenoid on the actual bypass actuator, meaning the ECU had no control over it

my NEW problem is that the bypass CONTROL valve is worn and allowing my supercharger boost to vibrate and not boost cleanly

You mean the bypass control valve that opens to let the turbo boost through? I garantee this is not you problem.What solinoid is missing and what vac lines are wrong?

If you don't want to use the supercharger (as an answer to the original question) disconnect the plug that sits above it by the pulley)

I used to do this a lot (in fact put a switch inside to do just that to save fuel around town and stop it turning off and on when on the motorway)

yeah i was thinking of switching it off using a relay, not sure how much current is drawn through that magnetic clutch... definately going to do this as it switching on and off is a bit of a pain... question is ED, is there a way to let the turbo have priority here so it still spools up slowly the whole rev range

I garantee this is not you problem.What solinoid is missing and what vac lines are wrong?

the solenoid that was missing was attatched to the part that you sent me down. The actual actuator bit of mine was okay but the little soleoid with the green plug on it was missing when i bought the car...

a few vac lines were out of place, mostly around the intake parts, anyway its sorted now!

Even with no supercharger and no pipework i.e. direct the turbo does not do anything any quicker to speak of. I have played with all this. :)

it is a good idea imo. yes it is slower, BUT it does save alot of fuel when on the threshold of the supercharger, and mine was really loud after the pipework mods so it stopped the 'your car sounds broken' looks I used to get around town.

it is a good idea imo. yes it is slower, BUT it does save alot of fuel when on the threshold of the supercharger, and mine was really loud after the pipework mods so it stopped the 'your car sounds broken' looks I used to get around town.

I think I will be doing this also

worse is in 4th gear at 80ks up a slight incline... doesn't need boost, but needs to be on 0 to not slow down up the hill...

does the supercharger magnetic clutch draw much current? guessing a relay would be the smartest way to do it eh

Back