1.6 Vtr

Stani1029

Club Member
hello ppl, i hav a 1.0L micra and i want to know wot it will take to beat 1.6 VTR's...im not changing the engine about, just keeping it as a 1.0L

help will be appreciated :)

cheers

Get a heavy object and hit the vtr reapetably (sp)? Try hiting thw tyres also :wasntme: lol would be hard mate

tbh its far better to fit or buy a 1.3 with full exhaust that will see off standard vtrs, i presume you mean saxos?

for 1.0 probably best to go forced induction or spend time on cams/map/exhaust etc

or buy a 160SR :D

not wihtout some kind of re-map and youll need some serious weight reduction oh and handling of a standard micra isnt as sharp as a saxos you might be able to accelerate with one but at the first bend it would be game over. turbo is the only option realistically..

saxo vtr 's are only 90ish bhp and weigh more than a micra so a good standard 1.3 will keep up at least

not wihtout some kind of re-map and youll need some serious weight reduction oh and handling of a standard micra isnt as sharp as a saxos you might be able to accelerate with one but at the first bend it would be game over. turbo is the only option realistically..

where would i get one and how much for?? im also goin to get a 1.6 throttle body eventually!

the reason for all this is because i hate wen im goin about in the micra and the only thing i cant put up a gd show against are them saxo's, would love to c the look on there face wen am pulling away lol

cheers

Off the top of my head I reckon a VTR has a 0-60 of 10 seconds dead. I think the 1.3 K11 is 11.3? And don't forget most VTRs are modified AND you only have a 1.0l. Get 1.3 and you will stand a better chance.

my car at the moment is the same as a 1.3 sr that my mates got up here until we hit like 90 then he slowly pulls away, wot im going to do is just put all ive bought at the moment on and then decide wots best, most ppl say an engine swap but id rather see wot a 1.0 can really do :p

there's no need for the 1.6 throttle body, the CG throttle body is good for 150bhp, so unless your pushing that power out, it's not posing a restriction

Janspeed manifold then a cat back, fast road cams, re-map. Or Turbo conversion, but either way it's pretty pointless as you can do the same mods to a 1.3 for the same cost, yet it will be a LOT faster

buy a piggy back ecu such as e-manage blue and the wiring harnesses and take it to an expert :) for the price though you can easily do a 1.3 conversion.

there's no need for the 1.6 throttle body, the CG throttle body is good for 150bhp, so unless your pushing that power out, it's not posing a restriction

but the 1.6 tb has a larger internal diameter, the 1.3 tb maybe good for 150bhp, but you'd still get gains (although slight) with a larger tb as more air can enter the engine. just like if you fit a free flowing air filter as opposed to the standard item. the standard air filter would probably be good for x amount of bhp, but a performance upgrade will be less restrictive. same as the tb.

but it's not going to improve until the standard item poses a restriction, and it doesn't pose a restriction till you're pushing 150bhp.

i'm not saying it does pose a restriction, but the 1.6 tb is less restrictive = more airflow into cylinders. again. the standard air filter should be able to cope with over 100bhp, so why bother changing it? to reduce restrictions and increase air flow. it's the same theory.

I don't agree, but we'll have agree to disagree :)

there's the other fact that the AAC Valve has to be removed so it fits past the injectors.

right now ive fitted the manifold, de-cat and cat back exhaust system and the cars running smooth, ive got 1.3 cams waiting to go in but was wondering if i should get them reprofiled first and wether to go for the fast or the ultimate?? also where to go after the cams are fitted :)

Don't have them reprofiled first just stick them in, otherwise shims need making and they may cause more trouble than there worth. Remember there already made for a 1.3 not the 1 litre so they should be different enough.

how do the 1600 primera/micras with induction + exhaust/decat go compared to these (Vtr's) ?

well my micra i think with the 1.3 cams will b quicker than a vtr, if not then ill keep doing more if possible

i just wanna be able to say this is a 1.0 and its quicker than ur 1.6 haha not tht people believe me anyway lol

so a 1600 micra should definatly beat one! :p

simply answer is fit the whiteline suspension stuff. the only down side with this is you will never see his face as i found out. by the time he got on the straight i was leaving at the other end. standard 1.3 try and go 1.3 or 1.6 if you can if not your only option is forced industion.

hi stani1029 i see ur from dundee i think ive seen u around im from fife but spend most of my time in dundee i see ur 18 but what insurance company r u with for those mods uve done cos i canny get qoutes with engine mods

im with quinn direct but ive not declared anything :slm: they didnt ask for modifications so i didnt say nothing about it :p its still £1000 though

Well on my cg10de all i have is a carbon canister induction system and a half janspeed exhasut system and i gave a vtr a pretty good going and he was going some!

im with quinn direct but ive not declared anything

Without wishing to sound patronising, and without hijacking this thread, you are playing a risky game here, particularly given the number of modifications you are making. If you hit someone and your insurance company refuse to pay out because you haven't declared the mods, you could be staring down the barrel of a seven-figure personal injury claim.

So don't crash!

Im with Quinn direct aswell, declared everything so far. It hardly went up to be honest. Think an extra 200 or so, but when thats added to your montly rate its not much atall

If you run into me ill sue your ass lol!grr

Im with Quinn direct aswell, declared everything so far. It hardly went up to be honest. Think an extra 200 or so, but when thats added to your montly rate its not much atall

If you run into me ill sue your ass lol!grr

i hope i dont crash but if i do then the cars not worth anything to get it repaired, its just wether the person will claim...

did u declare your mods over the net or the fone?? i might declare them once mines has went down :p that way it could work out the same or most likely cheaper

Without wishing to sound patronising, and without hijacking this thread, you are playing a risky game here, particularly given the number of modifications you are making. If you hit someone and your insurance company refuse to pay out because you haven't declared the mods, you could be staring down the barrel of a seven-figure personal injury claim.

So don't crash!

Not entirely true, part of the reason why everyone's insurence policies are so high is that every company has to contribute to a fund which pays out in the cases of uninsured drivers, civil recovery schemes will only deduct, if anything, a few pounds per month off the driver, not much of a deterrent really.

Not inusring mods is an understandable, but unadviseable thing to do.

No, that is what the insurance fund is covering, in many tort litigations, and almost all involving motor accidents, the actual litigtion is carried out by the insurance companies which kinda undermines one of the supposed principles for tort law, but that's going off at somewhat of a tangent!

what happens is, the insurance company MUST pay out to the third party by law, they then take you to court to get their money back.

The fund is used for uninsured drivers, not for drivers with undeclared mods, if you are paying a premium on the vehicle, the insurance has a legal obligation to pay the 3rd party in an incident.

They will however, take you to court to get their money back.

Back