1.6 conversion

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
is there a great differance between the 1.6 throttle body and the 1.3 power wise. as im in the middle of re wiring using pre facelift looms and was thinking if there is no great loss then use the 1.3 tb so that all censors work or am i going in the wrong direction.....also when using this engine and gearbox is the steering very heavy without power steering as im thinking of ditching that in favor of none power steering or making a quick rack

I believe the standard 1.3 TB is capable of up to 120 bhp, so it would be at it's limit on a 1.6, I dont think it would provide enough fuel at high revs, people are doing 2.0 and 1.6 without PAS, but it is going to make steering heavier, the 1.6 motor is a lot heavier than a 1.3.

cheers for that im not worried about power steering as i have big arms just threw that in the mix i am interested in the tb though as i dont want it to tick over roughly

im not really fused about power steering its on anyway just to me its tight so i was just going to ditch it in favor of none power, I do however appreciate your offer

i had a small race wheel on my 1.6 and it was a pig to park, but then i am week lol.

as for the tb there is a difference that will be restrictive but i think you should go for it, you might get the only proper running 1.6 ever ;)

you could get the tb drilled out and put the larger 1.6 coin in there.

you could get the tb drilled out and put the larger 1.6 coin in there.

can you explain that a little further for me nex......
also i was thinking while out this morning the fast idle is for when the engine is cold is it not. And running a 1.6 on the micra loom wont give you the fast idle , I presume and correct me if im wrong but once the engine has warmed up then it would tick over as normal.. So with that in mind some of you will be able to recall the old choke method where by you stop the air from entering the carb and this would mean higher revs until the engine warmed up then you pushed the choke back in......well if i used hard plastic pipe on the air intake im sure i could make a working choke within it would this not do the same job or would it be a dead loss......comments please

I have read today that the GA15 Throttle Body has been used with good results on the 1.3 and the electrical conecters are also the same so next week when its my day off im on the hunt for one to see if this is the case maybe this would be a better option than using the 1.3 tb on a 1.6 the thinking is that the power loss would be minimal

Attachments

• tb.jpg
    tb.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 271
  • tbcomparison.jpg
    tbcomparison.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 265
NISSAN THROTTLE BODY INFINITY Q45 90MM BIG SR20 DET TURBO GREDDY TPS

sorry for caps but was copied can anyone explain to me what this is off and what it would or could be applied to.....

Attachments

• 1ad5_12.jpg
    1ad5_12.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 209d_12.jpg
    209d_12.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 235
this is the only proper running 1.6 ! DJLEE_DJ's

ive been in it and it goes like

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nIYE0pheAPI

DJLEE_DJ removed the engine and wiring and ecu etc. and rebuilt it.

it was an disgrace until he rebuilt it. wiring wasnt half done, mounts werent lined up and ''jammed'' in place. random nuts and bolts everywere, welded driveshafts. standard 1" exhaust cut and shut to the primera downpipe. wouldnt tick over, bogged down, no smooth power delivery

just used the shell (as was slightly modifed for the engine) and the driveshafts , until one broke and he got new ones fabricated from scratch !

this is the only proper running 1.6 ! DJLEE_DJ's

ive been in it and it goes like

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nIYE0pheAPI

DJLEE_DJ removed the engine and wiring and ecu etc. and rebuilt it.

it was an disgrace until he rebuilt it. wiring wasnt half done, mounts werent lined up and ''jammed'' in place. random nuts and bolts everywere, welded driveshafts. standard 1" exhaust cut and shut to the primera downpipe. wouldnt tick over, bogged down, no smooth power delivery

just used the shell (as was slightly modifed for the engine) and the driveshafts , until one broke and he got new ones fabricated from scratch !

And do you have a point?

We just wanted to know about the air intake! I have a 1.6 micra it goes.

was in reply to ''nex'' quote

as for the tb there is a difference that will be restrictive but i think you should go for it, you might get the only proper running 1.6 ever

his was the first proper running k11 1.6 in the club

Back