1.5dci poor fuel economy

Bit of round town but main milage is two 55mile trips on dual carriageway and motor way. It's done ,60mpg in the past on same routes?

A compression check would be a good idea just to rule out rings and valves if you have the means. Any codes being thrown up? Have you changed fuel suppliers recently?

You may not have changed fuel supplier but that doesn't necessarily mean the fuel hasn't changed. Refiners produce winter fuel that's known to reduce mpg but does reduce gelling. You can also try running some diesel fuel treatment through it. I understand that, unlike petrol, diesel doesn't contain detergents so it's possible your getting a build up of deposits. Other than that I'm afraid I've exhausted my knowledge of diesels.

Clogged 1.5d.ci DPF & EGR frequent regeneration & recirculation issues burning extra diesel adversely affect fuel consumption & the sensors plus control valve faults permutations are complex.

You may not have changed fuel supplier but that doesn't necessarily mean the fuel hasn't changed. Refiners produce winter fuel that's known to reduce mpg but does reduce gelling. You can also try running some diesel fuel treatment through it. I understand that, unlike petrol, diesel doesn't contain detergents so it's possible your getting a build up of deposits. Other than that I'm afraid I've exhausted my knowledge of diesels.
We are currently monitoring it, only thing we did find was the under tray was hanging off on one side? I will keep a close eye on it and report back

Clogged 1.5d.ci DPF & EGR frequent regeneration & recirculation issues burning extra diesel adversely affect fuel consumption & the sensors plus control valve faults permutations are complex.
Its a 2004 so no DPF EGR was cleaned last year not down to economy but it was showing an engine fault

It looks to be back to normal, possibly the under tray hanging down as this is all we could find to cause it! She is selling it soon as she need something bigger, its been a great car for the last 10 years!

Back