1.4 micra conversion

due to the help of a fellow member (frank) i have now dcided to put a 1.4 cga engine into my 2000 k11 1.0 and was wondering what sort of engine mods i would b better off carrying out, and another thing was wondering whether or nt a garret t20 or 25 turbo would fit the 1.4 engine (Y)

regards to mods if you are going N/A then janspeed manifold decat and cat back and back box with relocated air filter will see you to about 100 bhp mate easy as thats what i have

with regards to turbo check out nis`s turbo conversion

thanks was also wondering how much a remap of the ecu would be and what sort of power could i expect to gain out of that

If its the coil pack engine, a re-map on the standard ECU is impossible!!

You'll need to rip it all out and run a stand alone ECU, Omex 600 is our resident tuner, Eds, ECU of choice. He's fitted that to Nis's 200+ BHP CGA3 K11, and has sold me one for my Orion Turbo.

Doesn't come on the cheap side though, the ECU and loom alone are £600+ then there is fitting and mapping!

If I was being completey honest, I would steer clear fo the 1.4 and go for a 1.3.

Mainly due to the fact that they are more common and there are 'on the shelf' parts you can buy for them where as the 1.4 all parts have to be custom made which makes it expensive.

James.

i know this is what ive been hearing im definatelyy going to do a conversion and willing to spend money, i want to get my k11 to about 18 bhp but im struggling to decide which engine i should use

i've got a 1,4 i'm telling u everywhere i go i got to get eveything made custom. if i had a choice i would have got a 1.3 eveythings there for it mike janspeed exhaust system,remapping it. its much betta

thanks for the help what sort of bhp do you think i could achieve out of a 1.3, the main reason i ws looking at the 1.4 was because my current car is running individual coil packs and i thought it would b a pretty simple swap but im startin to think ther 1.3 will be better in the long run

if u want a 1.4 or 1.3 engine let me no i'll ask my mates for u and get u one cheap as possible they got jap breakers yards mick

well if you can find a 1.4 and the looms are correct for that engine then go for it, if however your going to retro fit a 1.3 then you need the gearbox as well plus you will need the full looms front to back plus ecu and pray if you get looms with the nats in that it works or get the nats removed from the ecu I know as ive just retro fitted the 1.3 into a 2002 model plenty to get your head around the only thing that was usable from the 2002 model was the drive shafts power steering pump and aternater everything else was scraped even the starter wasnt any good.

surely it would be cheaper to just buy a 1.4cga instead of modding a 1.0l? especially after you do all the work?

i would think an insurance company would be happier to insure that car if it just came with a 1.4 and not modded up to that?

thats how i've always looked at it, that it'd be cheaper to insure a 1.4 that 1.0 with a 1.4 because it wouldnt be modded to fit that engine?

or am i the only one who's missed something here lol

this is one of those things where if you have to ask then you shouldn't be doing it.

turbo setups are complex things, you can't just say "will a T25 fit?" etc because T25 is a very broad term, you have to decide which housings you are going to have that will best suit your application, like a small exhaust turbine from a similar turboed 1.3 coupled with maybe a slightly larger incution turbine, but there are all kinds of maths to work these things out.

Like tom's said, I'd sell up and buy either a 1.3 or 1.4 engined car to start with..

Work's out easier and cheaper.. win win.

Back