1.3 starlet

U

uppy

does anyone know how i would find out what work would need to be done to put a 1.3 starlet turbo engine in... iknow it will mean moving stuff and new mounts but dunno how to find out sizes of it and stuff

I think the engine would physically fit, but it would be a nightmare, you would need custom shafts, mounts, shift, wiring, fuel pump, intercooler scoop, fuel lines, radiator, big brakes etc etc and a lot of time

1.3 K11 will be better bet imo. I should be doing one of these shortly for Arnold.

well basacally i would like a turbo engine i dont mind putting in the time and effort its just decided what would run well and not take that much modifying to fit

There is no point using an engine that is 20 years old and you cannot easily get parts for. If your going to do a conversion than make it modern. It makes so much more sense.

that is deffo try but again like i said i know it aint goin to be easy but i wanna know what engine will be the easiest yet still a good runner

Micra 1.3 K11 will be the most worth while imo.

Light, tuneable, easy to get parts for and modern.

1.0 turbo 75bhp rare and expensive engines for not alot of power.

search on ebay the nissan figaro is bacially a micra under the shell, all the suspension is the same and so is the engine mounts, which means the 1.0 turbo engine and go straight into a k10 micra,

its recommended you get a donor figaro as you dont know what you need as to my knowledge there is only one conversion done and it wasnt done in the uk so no information about it. but even then a donor figaro will cost about 2k

if you want cheap lowering springs watch ebay for figaro ones i just have got me some brand new ones dirt cheap compared to buying online with discount (need for speed)

i like the idea of the 1300 twin cam, thats what i'd put in mine if my K10 was my project car (Y)

Mark said:
not exactly much of a gain with the 1.3, hardly seems worth it,

Wack mods and a turbo on top and could easily hit 200+.

Better than your average MA12 thats for sure

cg13 turbo powered k10 would be a good idea, i thought about it but im saving up for something a bit meatier but i want to see this when its done... will be impressive.

You'l see it soon! :) and with Ed doing the technical side of things, i think we'l hopefully see something impressive coming from it :)

high lift cams... custom tubular manifold, high compresion pistons, lightened and balanced crank and rods, suzuki GSXR 750 carbs, jun flywheel,

theres something to wish for.....just for starters anyway...lol

maybe see 150-160 from that lot...but at about 11000rpm...

more like a motorbike engine....lol

Layla said:
mark you totally underrate the CG13DE. it can hit ~120bhp N/A, more then enough to make a K10 shift nicely.
yes your right i do underrate the cg13. it is up to arnold on what he wants to do to his k10 and i'm not criticising him but i really dont see the point, why not use a 2.0 16v? or a 1.6 16v? f your going to do the conversion then why not take advantage of the engine power as standard. 2.0 16v is double the power of a cg13. and if you want 200bhp then throttle bodies could take a sr20 to 200 i'm sure.

a standard cg13 in a k10 wouldnt be any faster than a saxo vtr IMO

Mark said:
yes your right i do underrate the cg13. it is up to arnold on what he wants to do to his k10 and i'm not criticising him but i really dont see the point, why not use a 2.0 16v? or a 1.6 16v? f your going to do the conversion then why not take advantage of the engine power as standard. 2.0 16v is double the power of a cg13. and if you want 200bhp then throttle bodies could take a sr20 to 200 i'm sure.

because the engine will be too heavy for the car and will destroy any handling.

Where as you can get more than enough power from the CG13 to get a 640kg car to absolutely fly, yet still retain good handling.

i've driven a 2.0 redtop nova and it handled pretty well to me, the power in a straight line certainly put a smile on my face and made up for whatever was lost with the handling, and there cast iron unlike the sr20 which is alloy and is much lighter, why do you think there are so many c20 xe nova's and corsa's?

sorry but i dont think a cg13 micra would be fast, if i'm wrong and a 15 second quarter mile can be acheived then fair play, but from 75bhp - 90bhp? in a car which weighs 750kg approx? nah

640kg I believe. I'm aiming for a 15 second 1/4 in the CG10 it can be done.

CG13 can easily achieve it. Turbo'd CG13 looking at around 120bhp minimum with a healthy bit of torque, the K10 will be quick, VERY quick.

The SR20 destroys the handling in a K11 which is heavier than the K10, so it's a nightmare to think what will happen to a K10.

MR Grassie ran a 15.4 in his CG13, in a car that is approximately 120kg heavier

where are you getting 640kg from? and a 15 second quarter in a 1.0 micra? come on mate serious? with a 50 shot of nos?

how do you know that a sr20 destroys the handling of a k11? have you driven one or know someone who has one? if not then your just saying in theory it destroys the handling and i'm not interested in that.

has any cg13 k11 done a 15 second quarter? or even a low 16?

Mark said:
where are you getting 640kg from? and a 15 second quarter in a 1.0 micra? come on mate serious? with a 50 shot of nos?
Wait and see

Mark said:
how do you know that a sr20 destroys the handling of a k11? have you driven one or know someone who has one?
I think Dave with Little Bandit can agree that the SR20 in a K11 is below par on handling

Mark said:
has any cg13 k11 done a 15 second quarter? or even a low 16?

Low Rider did a 16
Mr Grassie has done a 15
Evade has run a 14

All are CG13's in cars 150kg heavier than a K10.

A K10 running a CG13 will be in the 15's with nothing more than a janspeed system

I'm on about the weight of the engine not the power.

Sorry dude, but in no way at all can I agree with you, as I know 100% in my head that a K10 with a CG13 will destroy most CG13 K11's and the K10's.

How can you say it won't be quick, when a CG13 in a K11 can run a 14 1/4 mile in a car heavier than a K10?

You can believe what you like dude, but there's no point in me going on, so I'm just gonna leave it as that.

Alienfish360 said:
I'm on about the weight of the engine not the power.

Sorry dude, but in no way at all can I agree with you, as I know 100% in my head that a K10 with a CG13 will destroy most CG13 K11's and the K10's.

How can you say it won't be quick, when a CG13 in a K11 can run a 14 1/4 mile in a car heavier than a K10?

You can believe what you like dude, but there's no point in me going on, so I'm just gonna leave it as that.

i never said that a cg 13 k10 wouldnt beat a 1.3 k11 as the k10 is much lighter and would beat a k11 due to the weight.

a 75-90bhp k10, big deal, if its highly modified then thats a differant story and my point is why not start with a much more powerful engine.

I overtook and left a 1994 Starlet GT for dead in some twisties. lol he didn't have a chance. He couldn't believe the micra was naturally aspirated either. :p

Phil: some people don't appreciate handling. If they want big power, well yes the SR20 is perfect. If they want to create a lead nosed bullet.. well thats their choice. :)

Mark said:
a 75-90bhp k10, big deal, if its highly modified then thats a differant story and my point is why not start with a much more powerful engine.

The reason ive gone for the lower option is to retain the handling in my car. If it was a track car, 2 ltr would have been the option but not very practical for every day use.

Back