Micra Verses Starlet turbo

Hi there, if and when the work starts to flood in again i was thinking of swapping the micra for a Toyota Glanza 1.3 turbo (Starlet import) But at 4k for a new 1998 import seems a tad expensive.
Im thinking it would be a lot cheaper to drop a turbo a 1.3 K11 and have the same results for a fraction of the price along with the availability of spare parts.

Whats the tuners here views on this?

Well im pretty sure the glanza v is only like 131bhp??

Franks running 150hp with no problems

And im sure Stanis in the 200hp range i believe?

Yarp.... Lot more potential from the glanza...... Moar boostability.
I would reckon the glanza wouldnt have such rust issues either due to being imported.

If they're both 1.3 why can.the glanza get so much more out of it?
Because the Starlet was built for performance, so there's more aftermarket support?
If you can afford the Starlet, go for it. I think it'll be a lot less hassle, more tuneable, etc.

Hmm could be, I guess the block was designed for turbo pressure too, micras seem to blow hg's don't they?

Is still say go micra turbo though... I would.

Hmm could be, I guess the block was designed for turbo pressure too, micras seem to blow hg's don't they?

Is still say go micra turbo though... I would.
I can't blame ya, didn't think I saw "Starlet" in the URL...

Well if I do go turbo down the line I know what to get now :) just realised I have free access to all I need at my mechanics... Assuming a nice donor scrapper rolls in :)

There are a few glanzas over in Ireland knocking around the 500 bhp mark, reading their forums the engine internals can take the power no problem, may be why they go for such big money.

Back