1.3 Swap

boabsy

Buy & Sell Member
I know this has been done to death but I've looked and can't find a definitive "How To" guide.

I have a 1996 1.0 and would like to swap to a 1.3. Ideally I'd swap everything over but it seems there are some issues with the 1.3 gearbox fitting? I'll probably be doing some mild mods in the future i.e. manifold & exhaust, filter etc so would the 1.0 box & shafts be ok?

If anyone can offer a full list of everything I'll need that would be appreciated as I'm going to be sourcing all the parts this week. I'm totally new to swapping out engines but want to have a go at this myself.

Rob

rob

mine,s a 1.3 (90 ish hp) with 1.0 clutch, f/w, box + shafts but is probably on the limits of stress
i think you need 1.3 engine, g/box, 2 g/box mounts, inner cv joints or shafts and gearchange

depends if ur going to be doing any more performance mods to the 1.3 as at stock bhp the 1.0 gearbox etc should be fine.

Won't be doing any serious mods to the 1.3, my current geabox is goosed so I need to replace that anyway, will pick one up at the scrappy tomorrow. When sourcing an engine, what is the latest year I can go for without having to worry about splicing looms and NATS?

Frank - can I re-use the gearbox mounts from the donor car and will these fit without too much work i.e. no welding etc?

rob

the wiring,s the same (apart from later coilpack)
its just the g/box brackets you need (someone will verify ?)

You need the gearbox mounts and also to fiddlethe wiring for the reverse/neutral switch - if the search allows you, beachboy put up a omprehensive list and also another old member with a red K11 too.
You best bet is 1.3 engine, 1l box and you're laughing.
What year is your car?
Also, you're right Frank - 1l CVs are narrower than the 1.3 ones if pre 98.
Craig

Back