1.3 Sr N Reg

twizzy

Club Member (Trial)
I now have for sale a k11 SR N reg........60,000 miles on it..1.3.....electric windows, central locking etc a van reversed into me recently which left a grapefruit size dent on the bonnet and grazed the grill cracking the headlight
clips......the insurance company decided not to repair it and have decided
it is a cat C loss (repairable). I really do not want to scrap this car as it is a
fantastic runner and never let me down and has plenty or years left in it....
someone who enjoys repairing cars would love this as it is not a big job to those in the know, i am willing to reflect this in the price...it is valued at £850
obviously without the damage..........any one want to make me an offer?

P7220202.jpg

this is a pic before the damage if anyone's interested i can send some up to date pics....

Pics

P3310022.jpg

P3310023.jpg

P3310026.jpg

There is also a crack in the lower bumper

P3310024.jpg

And i admit to this, i scraped the sill on a low wall

P3310025.jpg

It has 4 months mot left, and 6 months tax on it.

P7230213.jpg

P7230220.jpg

P7230216.jpg

I seriously can't believe they wrote it off for that! Doesn't seem a lot, is the radiator cracked? (The water on the grill?)
Edit: Lol at the 150 offers AFTER a 200 has been made!

I spy a bit of rust on the crossmember, what condition are the sills and crossmember in? Does this require a VIC test to be put back on the road?

Depending on the rust condition and the assumption it needs a VIC test i will offer £260

car

I can post some zoomed out pics tomorrow, the radiator is not cracked i was

washing dirt off the bonnet and grill so you could see the damage,i don't know

what a vic test is? but the insurance company have said should i sell the car

and it gets repaired the new owners need to pay £38 to get the cat C taken

off(well thats how i interpret the insurance jargon) i am currently driving the

vehicle....the mileage is a little out as i took that pic the tail end of last year

its 59,192........ to be honest you really don't notice the dent etc it just looks

so big on the photo's.........Thanks for the interest.......

I spy a bit of rust on the crossmember, what condition are the sills and crossmember in? Does this require a VIC test to be put back on the road?

Depending on the rust condition and the assumption it needs a VIC test i will offer £260

The rust is surface rust, it is not rusted through, i've checked this after i took the picture..........sorry don't know what a cross member is but assume it's the bit behind the bumper.

From experience, people can often 'offer' money for something, then withdraw. When this happens it is nice to have something to fall back on.

zoomed out pics

P4010029.jpg

P4010027.jpg

P4010028.jpg

Please ignore the sticky stuff in the dent its there just to hi light it.....if

you prefer i can remove it then re post.

It got written off for that? Thats about £30 worth of damage!

I dont mean to be rude but you should never have told the insurance company. You could either just leave it like that (If the headlight clips are broken like you say, mine are too after I went into the back of someone, I shoved a carlsberg can down behind the light to hold it in place, and I bent the bonnet back out using a house brick).

Or you could have easily found a replacement bonnet and light from scrap dealers.

Telling the insurance means that you lose your NCB and it devalues the car loads now its a cat c, no matter what the damage actually is, a write off is always worth less.

my previous offer of 260 stands, one last question from me. do you have the v5? And i'll pick up next week.

TBH i think these offers are quite low, the car doesn't look bad at all!
New grill, light, bonnet, bit off filler in the sill and it'd look good as new!
£50 tops if painting by yourself..

Have you considered repairing it yourself before selling?

Car

Yes I have the V5, it hasn't affected my no claims bonus or put my

insurance up, i have had to insure the k12 and at first i didn't declare it to get a

quote, then i did and it made 12p difference, I have had a mail offer of £300,

couldn't do anything about not telling the insurance, it was a council vehicle

that hit me........idiot didn't see me as he looked over his left should and not

his right hence the damage is off centre, But they accepted full liability.

TBH i think these offers are quite low, the car doesn't look bad at all!
New grill, light, bonnet, bit off filler in the sill and it'd look good as new!
£50 tops if painting by yourself..

Have you considered repairing it yourself before selling?

I've never had a go at repairing cars, the grill had no damage what so ever

except the white mark where its taken the paint out, i knew it would be a

great project for some one in the know and it is a beautiful car to look at.

I am gutted at letting it go

So what you're saying is that you want more than £300?

Not really, the interested person is away unable to take the car for a few weeks

and i need to move it on as it's in a neighbours drive.

Twizzy, if I offered you £300 now, would you take it?

Corbs, let me contact the first person to see if he definitely wants it,

just to be fair............

Ok no worries, I apologise if I offended you with my £150 offer, in all honesty I thought the damage would have been a lot worse, but from the pics it is worth more.

twizzy, i'll send you a message. Am happy to match the £300 as my car as im needing to replace my car soon

Twizzy... I'm just finding out about VIC tests but I should have a definate answer by tomorrow, if I go for it I'll pick it up this week.

Back