1.3 outlet cam SWAPS

i have a 1.3 outlet cam for sale £30 this cam came out of a car with no coil pack i will upload a pic soon, make me an offer or if you have one or can get hold of an outlet cam with the coil pack ill swap with you i pay for both yours and my postage too!
many thanks

you took the cams out of a coilpack engine according to your blog tho marc

image_zpssiw5myhk.jpg

aye, the coilpack cams have no slot mark, cutting a slot is an option (i did a few times) or else fit that exh can to the inlet of a 1.0 (with timing adjustment)

may just cut a slot then mate, didn't think of that :) i would rust myself with adjusting the timing, i would probably ruin her :?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP @infinity @frank @pollyp@SirChris i have fitted the 1.3 cam which i had to diy to make a groove for the distributor, everything seemed to go in smoothly without me noticing anything slipping or moving but when i turned the engine on, it fires just sounds very retarded and when i go to rev it it almost kills the engine?
the only thing i can think of is that the outlet cam sprocket is in the wrong place?
image_zpskzsss8ka.jpg

image_zpstaelmyf4.jpg

image_zpsbtuuitoh.jpg

sorry for tagging you guys but you have all seemed to be able to help me so far and this is one of my worst nightmares so if anyone can help it will be extremely appreciated :)

Is the groove at the same angle as the original cam? Does the dizzy fit in the slot nice or did you make it wider? Can't see pics till I'm at home with WiFi may be able to help more then

yep and it lines up to the original marks, it fits in very nicely indeed, quite chuffed with how well it fits tbh :) okay cool :)

so after reading @Seb 's thread i have noticed that the female links are 7 links apart not debs 5? i am counting the link directly above each female link too

Urm the angle of the dizzy slot needs to match the original spec precisely cos the dizzy contains the cam position hall sensors & ign points. So if u just slotted it vaguely my hand or machine without measuring the original dizzy cam slot angle, it basically screws up the ignition timing sync which also screws up the timing guns purpose. Best get a dizzy slotted cam imo.

The cam timing is looking good but as Polly says, if the slot is even slightly out you will be retarding or advancing the spark timing which will cause it to run like a bag of spanners.
You need to get a strobe light on it to be sure

The cam timing is looking good but as Polly says, if the slot is even slightly out you will be retarding or advancing the spark timing which will cause it to run like a bag of spanners.
You need to get a strobe light on it to be sure

everything in a complex system depends on the accuracy of next part of the chain.
so the dizzy firing depends on the cam sensor,
which depends on the exh cam position,
which depends on the relative timing chain position & length,
which depends on the crank sprocket position.

the cam sensor disc is driven by the angle of the slot and the sensor pickup follows the dizzy body, so if the slot is off by a degree then you'd have to turn the dizzy probbly beyond its available range of adjustment (only bout 5-10deg movement available?) to sync the ecu ign timing with the crank timing.

so i don't know how but took the cam back out fitted the 1.0l cam to check fittment and locations, then removed and swapped made sure it looked the same as 1.0l cam, checked everything and it know runs perfectly, i think when i fitted the cam the crank moved :? thanks very much for the help guys :)

Back