1.3 k11 engine in a k10. help!

simmo

Official micra geek!
Right, iv heard that 1.3 K11 engines have been fitted in to K10s. Can anyone get in touch with me who knows anything about this? prefrably someone who has had it done. thanks

Yeah, the driver side mount needs to be changed, possibly more, as well as driveshafts, also the full ECU has to be wired up because its injection rather than carb. Its a very big job that i definitly considered but im going for the MA12 transplant instead, its 1235cc and a straight swop!
Im getting it done next week so ill let you all know how it goes!

The CG13 transplant should definitly be done, but it will more than likely be done by Wayne... Its a big job and no company will probly take it on, it would have to be done my a modifyer in his back garden!

ok. well.,.

were to start

1) drivers side mounting needs to be altered
2) need to invert and fabricate aggsisting gearbox mount to fit k10 mounting (so passenger mount needs sorting)
3) the under support bar needs to ba added (k10 doesnt have one) this would require bolting and sheet metal a panel so the bopolts didnt pull straight through the floor plan!
4) you would require an electric pump (powerfull enough to mount sumwere near the tank to pull from th tank but also pump through to the engine (landrover style)
5) you would require to run wiring from all the ionjectors systems (k10=carb, k11 = injectors) so in theory would be better to fit the WHOLE k11 wirringin loom and then splicw connectors for lights etc!
6) driveshafts need altering. (gearnbox ends are different)
7) you need to alter the drive system to a k11 (use my brake upgrade ;))
8) you may also requirte to dish the drivers side leg (sits to high, and power steering pulley clashes)
9) also need to deviate away from the brake servo (alloy, easily brakeable) as it will sit to close, any jump in the engine will snapo this (casuing brake failure)

10 ) NOBODY has done this (so u will be the one to experiance all the problem, other than the ones i mentioned)

good luck :D

NOOOOOOOOO... please do go for it.. sumone must..

if not then i will be doing it towards the end of the year! once the ga16 conversion is done and the super s is fully resprayed and decked !!

Lol, yeah nobody has ever done this but I have been waiting for ages to see it done!!! Almost did it myself a lil while back but also went with the MA12, think I am gunna wait and go for something a little bigger later on lol. :) Someone be brave enough and try it though please!!! :D

Yeah i was going to do it, was all hyped up about being the first to do it and all, but so many things stood in my way, money being the main one! im still in school and work part time!

i Shall also being fitting an ma12 with some modifications with in the next few months Whether they will work i have no idea but im damn well gonna try :D

Lol, everyone seems to be going the MA12 route now lol, thought you thought they were weaker engines mate?? ;) I'm gunna see what I can do with it also. :)

I would like to do it, the main problem is the amount of time i would have to take the car off the road for. If i had another car i would defo think about it. Putting a MA12 in will only take a day or two at most.

Mat Krazy K10man said:
i Shall also being fitting an ma12 with some modifications with in the next few months Whether they will work i have no idea but im damn well gonna try :D

What mods do you have in mind?

simmo said:
I would like to do it, the main problem is the amount of time i would have to take the car off the road for. If i had another car i would defo think about it. Putting a MA12 in will only take a day or two at most.

should only take you about 2 hours max!!

kev_mono72 said:
What mods do you have in mind?

K11 clutch and plate(possiably form another car instead not sure yet), 1.0 flywheel. i will aslo be getting a cam re-profiled in the near future and custom exhaust manifold. im also looking for some small twin webbers to fit up as i remebr kevs 40's were a bit to much for the engine

It took me 8 hours over 2 days but at least half of that was faff! ;) Oh and waiting for the RAC man when I couldn't start it and couldn't work out why! :p

I'd planned for 3 hours & never done it before...

A retarded one! Too long spent stressing as I was doing it at work & taking up space that was needed. I think the only problem was I'd mixed up the wires to the coil, earth and live but as they looked the same I couldn't tell from the Hayne's! Told the RAC guy I'd driven out that morning and now couldn't start it, he was mightily confused, understandably as it won't run like that! Didn't notice the old engine under a blanket in the boot :) He also said the engine was on it's way out as it started in a cloud of oily smoke from the storage oil on the pistons!

Top lad & great service though, used to work for Nissan building K10s so chatted for a while about tuning potential etc :)

Back