1.3 engine parts in a 1.0

joelh

Ex. Club Member
has anyone done this put all the 1.3 parts in the 1.0 engine ? so the 1.0 is a 1.3 and what do i have to swap

Joel - what do you actually want to do, it is not wise to be fiddling with engines if you'r not clear on what you want to achieve.
Craig

i have a 1.3 engine and have a 1.0 engine i want to put the parts off the 1.3 in to the 1.0 to make that a 1.3 make sense now...

i have a 1.3 engine and have a 1.0 engine i want to put the parts off the 1.3 in to the 1.0 to make that a 1.3 make sense now...

Not really, it will be 1000 times easier just to fit the 1.3 engine - or doesn't the 1.3 run?
Craig

i would have to change the whole wiring loom in car i got told cos my car has nats and the 1.3 engine does not have nats is this true?

Yeah, fitting the engine won't be an issue, it's the NATS ECU that will not work. If the 1.3 does not have NATS and you use the ignition barrel off the 1.3 surely it should be ok? So you end up with a non-NATS car altogether?

Right, if it is:

1.0 ECU with NATS
1.3 ECU no NATS

Then you shouldnt have an issue, or is the NATS unit seperate?

the loom is wired differently for nats, so you have nats control in the loom, in the ecu and on the ignition barrell.

You can leave the barrell, you need to change the nats ecu for a non-nats ecu, and modify the wiring for it.

Remember that if you just put the CG13 parts in a CG10 and keep your nats ecu, your' 1.0 ecu won't run the 1.3 engine right.

NATS is built into the ECU and sadly it's not plug a play, a few wires need to be moved around on the ECU side for it to work.

My car went from 1.0 NATS to 1.3 No-NATS :D

I'm not going to do all the work for you, but look around the net, there's diagrams of k11 ecu pin outs, find non-nats and nats, and then spot the differences.

If you fitted the 1.3 engine with your 1.0 ECU the car would run ok.

If you can't figure it out, I would speak to Ed as he was the legend that done mine!

i have done both the 1.3 bits into a 1.0 (click here) (works fine but is expensive to re-build the engine) and swapped a 1.3 non nats into a 1.0 nats, i used the standard 1.0nats ecu for the latter, but you could fit a 1.3 ecu with nats and get nissan to recode your keys, or fit the transponder pick up ring around the ignition barrel from the 1.3 nats ecu and swap over the chips in the keys. this should work in theory. or as mentioned above, re wire the ecu wiring so that you can use a non nats 1.3 ecu.

Back