1.3 engine queries

micras69

Deactivated Account
iv been offerd a 1.3 out of a 52 plate facelift but has the CG engine in with only 32000 miles it comes with power steering and the alternater at the top.

this engine with this mileage is too good for me to pass up at that price, i was wondering is there anyway or removeing the power steering and all the necessery parts that come with it. also could i relocate the alternator lower down to where they sit of the pre-facelift CG engine as thats where my turbo is sitting.

cheers for any help, martin

Just get the alternator bracket and belt off the other one.

Did it used to have aircon? as I'm sure the alternator was only up there to make room for the aircon pump etc.

this is the same engine im on about, hope you dont mine me ueing urs as an example hooded?:wasntme:

Attachments

• enginebay.jpg
    enginebay.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 258
it does, i was quight surprised. i had a good look around and you know when you look at an engine you can just tell that it has been changed, it didnt have that look lol if you get what i mean?

do i not need to change the steering rack?

just had a re read of the post and i dont think it made sense, what i inted to do is put the 1.3 in a peasent package 1L so it has the very basics lol

if i remove all the power steering ect ect. will it be ok to then go strate into the 1l? dont need to change anythink elce? apart from the alt and bracket

nice one! i like the 1L with the 1.3 lump in better as ther is less S*iT in them. dont like power steering and central locking ect.

I love my power-steering, I guess I'm at a certain age now. I still have a Mini based kit-car without though to keep reminding how much we all should have power-steering these days.

Also I imagine a none power-steering Micra rack is lower-geared, so more arm twirling required and not just a flick of the wrists to take a corner :wow:

Back