1.3 engine build

hey folks,been a while....
as the title says,im building a 1.3 engine to drop into my boys' 1.0 k11.im carrying out a few mods on it,but im calling on you guys out there to give me a few pointers.stuff you might know that ive overlooked,or didnt think of.so i'll fill you in on what im doing,an what im wondering about.any input would be very appreciated.

the original engine is a 1999 1.3.less than 30,000 genuine miles,and was lashed to an auto box and driven by an old granny.so bearing that in mind its most likely did its mileage from the shops to the house and will need a de-coke.so ill drop the valves,decoke them and grind them back in.wont take much but its always a good step.
next im fitting flat-topped pistons in place of the dished ones to up the compression.
while the head is stripped ill open up the inlet and exhaust orifices and mill out the curves.always good for a few extra horses in my experience.ill get the head checked for warpage and have it skimmed a few thou if needed.
it will have the 1,3 inlet manifold and throttle body,married up to a 1.0 box and will run on the 1.0 brain too.

so i wanna know if theres any other mods i should be considering during the build.i just wanna give it more useable power,nothing ridiculous or expensive.over to you guys.....

You can put in a larger throttle plate from a GA16 throttle body if you don't mind widening the CG throttle body. Should be good for a bit more air :)

Back