1.3 parts on 1.0

R

RIK

rite as you probly know i have a 1.3 engine on a L reg doing nothing,,i also know someone modding a 1.0 on a N reg,

all i would like to know is what parts could he put on his 1.0 and are they easy to fit ect,,what sort of gains can he expect,and how much should i sell them for?:p
he doesnt want to swap engines either!
e,i cams,ecu,tb

if there is another thread which could help please direct me to it ,,thanks:)

The only thing worth swapping over is the cams. Little or no gain will be seen from the ecu. Other than that most parts are exactly the same.

Craig got 75bhp with 1.3 cams and a exhaust system on his 1.0.

The amount of time and cost needing in doing a proper job in replacing the cams you would be better off swaping the engines. Its not that hard and everything will plug straight onto it.

Mike

The Tb are the same the only differences that occur is on transmission. Automatic cars have different TB to manual cars.

Mike

thanks,

very helpfull,will see wot he says,

i dont really want to sell the full engine,i wont get much for it and i may need parts for myself,

Mike! Cams are a (relatively) easy swap, two hours max.
You could also put the 1.3 crank in the 1l to raise compression, but this is a mission and you may mash your valves/pistons up

RE: RE: 1.3 parts on 1.0

Craig said:
Mike! Cams are a (relatively) easy swap, two hours max.
You could also put the 1.3 crank in the 1l to raise compression, but this is a mission and you may mash your valves/pistons up

If you need help you only haveto ask PEte...
:)

Back