1.3 ENGINE AND GEARBOX! or 1.0 GEARBOX

Hi,
I'm in need of a gearbox! i have a 1.0 now but would like to upgrade to a 1.3 really while i'm doing stuff like that. depends on what is available:D
can anyone help???
PLEASE:D

Noddie

Chanigng up to the 1.3 gearbox is a lot of hassle if you have a pre 98 car - has your gearbox gone?
Craig

Craig, I think he means upgrade to the 1.3 engine and gearbox, just if he can't get hold of a CG10 box.

I have a CG10 pre-facelift gearbox sitting in my garage. 98,500 miles on it, was fine when last used though, just the occasional problems of shifting in to first.

i have a cg13 box and engine, with everything, starter motor, TB fly, clutch etc. been out in the garden so would need a polish with a wire brush to get rid of the surface rust.

i am swaping my 1.3 engine for a new one, if it all goes well i will have two spare working engines and one gear box.

ill have one of those engines!!

ok well i wont know what engines i have free until i have done the engine swap, which will be in a couple of weeks. and of course it would be collection only ;) ok :)

Hey! Curtis, i want first dibs on them (this is my thread after all):D
you can have a cg10 and a gearbox that sounds like it has an angle grinder and an opara singer roling around in it if you like:D?

PM sent Nex.

Hey! Curtis, i want first dibs on them (this is my thread after all):D
you can have a cg10 and a gearbox that sounds like it has an angle grinder and an opara singer roling around in it if you like:D?

PM sent Nex.

replied,

i do actually have 3 1.3 engines spare but the other one has a gone head gasket. was going to rebuild it maybe.

the engine in my other car is fine, (the one i will be taking out) but the timing change is a little noisy. (not as bad as james's lol) but the gearbox is ######ed so i thought i would do the engine at the same time and get them both at the same milage.

well i want a 1.3 k11 engine to do a conversion into my k10.

I would really prefer a 1.3 turbo engine, but i haven't seen one for ages!!

Maybe because they never made them?

Davey still has all his (top quality) turbo stuff for sale, doesn't he?

Back