1.3 cams in 1.0

I know, I found it shortly after posting it, what a numpty!
Looks like a big job (still haven't done it!) but I think with a couple of mates and all of the tools I can do it. Maybe a 1.3 engine next!

i would advise any novice to trap the chain against the exh cam and change only the inlet cam first (less chance of cocking up the timing lol :doh:)
attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC10210.JPG
    SDC10210.JPG
    276.9 KB · Views: 551
Thanks for the info, did you just use a flat head screw driver to do that?

yes, or a chisel :grinning: that way the crank stays on top dead center and the exh cam is trapped in position, so you just fit the inlet cam and sprocket in the same position as the one you took out
(the gloves are there to stop anything falling down the void :eek:)

^^ thought as much. Just using the 1 cam seems the easier option that will still c u get a good gain.

would a better gain be seen with 1.6 cams?(Y)

Hi Folks

Just my tuppence worth ?

When i have changed overhead twin cams in the past i usually remove one bearing cap from the cam i am not working on and put a small single thickness peice of newspaper under the cap to clamp the cam in position whilst removing and refitting the other one.

I do hope i am not going to get shot down over this but it does work exceedingly well.

Kind regards

Malcolm

Malcolm - don't suppose I could offer you a few beers to assist in helping do mine eh? You're in my neck of the woods!

Back