Santa Pod - 09/10/2005 - Post pics/vids etc here

D4R73N

Ex. Club Member
How did it go guys, i could not make this one...

But keep us updated, when my car looks a lil' better i'll no doubt come along... :grinning:

went well matey, only ed ran the strip and the only one i saw him do was a 14.7 iirc

good day

mike said:
i had a amazing day

So so unlucky mike, i feel for ya

Took quite a few pictures, give me a chance to sort em out. Im tempted to go to bed and sort em out tomorrow :)

Also cheers for the feedback on my car those that saw it! all good comments again which is always nice. the "super s" (lmao) aint finished yet by any means either

Arnold

Ok only one for now! Considering this thing was probably moving about 100+mph by this point, im very happy with it!

27.firethingy.jpg

nice photo but as you can see arnold actually cheated. He really took this photo and then added in the jetcar afterwards, you can see the lines around the jet car if you look close enough..

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 202
haha!! a clever modification there Ed, but im not good enough at photoshop to do that.

I had a great day and many thanks for showing the MSC better this year, a massive improvement over last year's stand but shame about the location, but hey we almost filled it lol!...

Spent most of the day with video camera & digi cam in hand and took some great footage of Russ Swift having a K12 on 2 wheels!

Off to bed now I'll add more tomorrow.

Kev :)

Mark said:
wheres all the pictures and videos?
lol give us chance! :pI have both images and video from the day and will be getting editing gear to put up all my video's soon, so lots more for people to see.Kev

Ed!!!! hello? lol

I only had images, but if James took video of yours using Ed's camera I'm sure these can be put up.

Kev

Well im happy with my times now so the car is going back to more standard spec, so that there is no chance of it dying on me over the winter. What a busy day though far to busy tbh..

Ed

Covered 265 miles yesterday but well worth it! We would have got there earlier but according to James, Ed had just got up :p

You're always blaiming each other when you're late!!

Ed - i think you should try getting into the 13's ;)

Slim said:
yes, i agree, You can't leave it at 14.01 ed, you must get it into the 13's

Haha, There is absoutely nothing more that the car in its current setup can do. I physcially cannot get any more boost, the turbo simply has none left! The only way I would get more power from this setup would be to fit N2O!!!! Other than that I need to do major engine works - cant afford to do that yet. Gotta admit tho. Not bad time for 930cc :)

Ed

Ed said:
Haha, There is absoutely nothing more that the car in its current setup can do. I physcially cannot get any more boost, the turbo simply has none left! The only way I would get more power from this setup would be to fit N2O!!!! Other than that I need to do major engine works - cant afford to do that yet. Gotta admit tho. Not bad time for 930cc :)

Ed

wot about race sliks? and even more weight loss?

surley you can get 13 secs withought touching the engine

mike said:

<-----------------------------------------

Only picture i took on the day

best one ive seen yet mike! :D

real shame you didnt make it,missed a good show

have you got an idea what the problem is yet?

RIK said:
wot about race sliks? and even more weight loss?

surley you can get 13 secs withought touching the engine

True, however it costs me a fortune evertime I goto pod. Race fuel for example was £40 this weekend. Then the rest, and so its a fair amount just to get better reaction times, which is why I only like going when I have made lots of differences. However I goto say it would be so funny to go to a normal RWYB with a load of saxos there or something :) :)

Ed

Not much weight reduction ed can do now!! There's no interior apart from the dash, one seat and a steering wheel lol.

All the front door cards were in with speakers and stuff could prob still take of another 50Kg or more if i really went to town if not alot more, but it would ruin the car forever.

14.01 @ 108 with < 1 litre ...mucho respect!!!!

Is that the official record for a K10 if not all the Micra ranges in the U.K.?

Dave

you could change the windows for perspex, that wouldn't ruin the car :)

or you could do what that old silver car did and just drill hudreds of holes in the bumpers :)

Good end to the year if you ask me :) Next year plan to get mid 13's from the 1.0 Possibly in the black ST however. I have kind of achieved what I wanted now, at least from a stock engine. Oh and I dont want perspex or anything like that as my windows lol. Or a car full of holes!

Ok, some images from the day have been added to my website

Go to http://www.alanarnold.co.uk/
Click on Santa Pod
Then click on Japshow

I know the image titles and information needs to be updated. Please report any broken links etc

Cheers

Mark said:
your REPLICA super s

Repost :p

James, there was alot more pictures of yours considering i followed you and parked next to yours! I captured Ed getting his 14'7 but sadly not the 14.0 or his other run.

Anyone decided if they're going to this weekends RWYB?

Back