ufo no show

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i am sorry to tell everyone that the ufo's are no longer available from nissan as this part is obsolete now ... IM TOTALLY GUTTED AND SUPER PI**ED OFF as my cars never gonna run right to its full potential now :(.... discuss

Had a feeling man, I have one in the car I'm breaking ,I may part with it cause I feel bad ,I'll check its working first off coarse. Nissan I'd say had a aload of spare parts ,stock piled and now they've run out. . . The other option is Warren trying to get one made but no word on that yet

ufo

yeah im still waiting on my new ufo and baz i no for a fact that darrens ufo is perfect i tried it in my car when darrens was running so that might fix the problemo(Y)

yeah im still waiting on my new ufo and baz i no for a fact that darrens ufo is perfect i tried it in my car when darrens was running so that might fix the problemo(Y)

Sound yeah. I'll give it a shot it my car tomorrow see how it goes John

That is pretty upsetting...

However...I am secretly excited to know I have a legitimate excuse to investigate setting the twin charge system up differently and not based on throttle position. :wasntme:

Wouldn't Nissan make one up for you at a higher cost?
Or is it gonna be STUPID cost?

Guess they don`t have the "moulds" anymore?

what exactly does this 'UFO' do, what makes them brake and can a new one be fabricated or found on another car?

It controls the bypass valve that in turn controls the switch over from supercharger to turbo, it also acts as a damper to keep the boost on the s/c stable.
They get contaminated with oil and never work properly again and the st is a pig to drive with it gone ,it feels like a really bad misfire

is there no way to split it and clean it?

im assuming theres a rubber diaphram or something in it? can a slovent be poured into it to dissolve the oil and the be flushed out?

is there no way to split it and clean it?

im assuming theres a rubber diaphram or something in it? can a slovent be poured into it to dissolve the oil and the be flushed out?

If you do a search smidge has split one , bit of a lost cause really because you can't put it back together.

your dead right there's a rubber diaphram and a spring and two chambers

VaccumValve.jpg

Its to the left of the washer bottle
DSC00141-1.jpg

John sent you a pm there:grinning: Good news!!!!

yep lost cause to split but mine was never gonna work again anyway, interesting to see how its put together

i'm sure it can't be maaaasively difficult to re create one

I know Ed mentioned this in the past, but santa isn't real and i think Ed might not be either ,cause that would be a pretty mad present to get under the tree

"make a UFO from $10 hardware store parts"

i wish :D

i like Baz's oven trick!

Can someone do a rough attempt of a technical drawing of what these consist of?? Smidge I'm looking at you, since you've ripped one apart...if you could email it to me??

I am gonna look into getting something made up as I'm almost certain this is the prob with my ST at the moment...and both the ones I have appear to be stuffed...

i got photos somewhere, its pretty hard to get the thing apart in a way that makes sense as to how it works

but what i could do it test the working one i have to see how much pressure it takes to crack the seal on it etc

i dont fully understand what it does myself yet, once i've figured that out then it will be easier to help out

Back