road tax in ireland

95% diesels that are the cleanest motors... so why does diesel cost more?
Good question. What annoys me the most about car taxing and stuff is "Hybrids". There's a Lexus 4x4 Soccor Mom Tractor thing that's a hybrid, yet it spews off WAY more fuel than a decent TDI Diesel...but it gets through the congestion charge scott free? Hell...If you want to save the environment, buy a diesel NOT a Prius!

that makes our car tax look like pennies....

i did a currency conversion just and for 1000EUR is £809

so a 3litre VW Touareg will cost roughly £1,051 a year car tax in Ireland

compaired to about £250 - £300 over here in the uk

That's funny. A Bike Carb K10 would cost the same in tax as a standard K10, despite burning through 12 trees per inch. :laugh:

95% diesels that are the cleanest motors... so why does diesel cost more?

Because with all the money invested in diesel engine development, the diesel market has expanded dramatically over the years, increasing diesel fuel consumption, so naturally the government will increase taxation to bring in more revenue to line their pockets and pay their wives with.......I mean spend on education and the NHS.

Same reason we've seen LPG jump from 15p/litre up to around 50p/litre, more useage, more tax, more money.

With regard to hybrids, I find them about as useful as biofuels. I've driven a Prius and the batteries don't last long, so you spend a lot of time lugging a load of motors, control systems and batteries around using the petrol engine, which actually results in dissapointing mpg compared to a diesel on average. There are much better alternatives, but development is still thin on the ground for a lot of concepts sadly.

i paid 258 euro to tax my micra for the year, its getting dear over here. the o2 immssions on tax will only effect imported cars from some date close the nct crowd told me(nct is the same as your mot except it last for 2yrs) But to drive a skyline they wreckon could go to as close as 5000 euro depending on emissions. Ireland is gone to the dogs,...............just another way of trying bleed people dry

That's funny. A Bike Carb K10 would cost the same in tax as a standard K10, despite burning through 12 trees per inch. :laugh:

interesting about that - i have a 2.0i16v vectra hose with a viper on my k11 [with increased timing and an eco-tek valve]

this must increase air flow by 100%? not too dissimilar to using bike carbs per volume of induction?

must say iam loving it big time-more performance mods to follow
=====================:k12yellow

Back