K11 Gearbox Question

Corbs

Ex. Club Member
Just a quick question as to what gearboxes are compatible with which models? Specifically - I have a W reg 1.0 box, wil this fit other facelifts?

it will fit all 1.0 litre k11's ule just have to swap speedo drives for cars with mechanical speedos cos obviously a facelift gear box will have a digital speedo drive, i put a w reg 1.0 gbox on my 93 k11 a few weeks ago

W reg, is that a 2000 coil pack engine?? or a late 99 distributor model?

If it's the coil pack engine, then you will require a coil pack 1 litre gearbox!

If it's the dizzy model, then a CG10 gearbox from 98-2000, or any CG13 box.

Well it didnt fit my 96 1.0 K11, the driveshafts and clutch spline thing are different sizes.
I have no idea what car it came out of, it just says W reg on it. Are there any obvious differences in the appearence so I can tell if its coil pack/dizzy?

A 96 1.0l K11 will require a 1.0l gearbox from a pre facelift (Pre 1998)

The Post 98 1.0l K11 gearbox uses a larger clutch, flywheel and driveshafts

A 96 1.0l K11 will require a 1.0l gearbox from a pre facelift (Pre 1998)

The Post 98 1.0l K11 gearbox uses a larger clutch, flywheel and driveshafts

i used the original clutch pressure plate with the 2000 clutch friction plate, its smaller but was fine, so thats a 2000 facelift gbox on a 93 prefacelift

iam using a prefacelift 1.3 box and engine in a facelift (from goldstars old super s) but apparently the i carnt fit a facelift gearbox to a prefacelift engine! but i can fit a prefacelift box onto a facelift iirc.

iam using a prefacelift 1.3 box and engine in a facelift (from goldstars old super s) but apparently the i carnt fit a facelift gearbox to a prefacelift engine! but i can fit a prefacelift box onto a facelift iirc.

it's only the <98 1.0 boxes and splines that are different. the <98 1.3 box will fit into a facelift, either 1.0 or 1.3. and the 98-2000 1.3 box will fit into a pre-facelift 1.3.

corbs, that w reg 1.0 box may fit into any 98-2000 model, but w reg was the change over, some of both coil pack and dizzy, i think the coilpack box may have a 14mm internal hex for the oil filler bung, and the dizzy has a 3/8 drive.
. i'm not 100% on the driveshafts though, when i did the engine/box swap that squarepants has, i just changed the driveshafts without comparing them.

The driveshafts are all good.

I have a driveshaft off of a 2001, 1.0Litre K11
In my facelift CG13 Engine and Gearbox
In my pre-facelift K11.

If that all makes sense!!! lol

so are the drive shafts the same then off a faceliftfacelift to a prefacelift k11? as i always thought 1.0 shafts where weaker than 1.3 ones?

lol confused :p

1l shafts are smaller on the diff end, but I believe they use the same (i.e. 1.3 size) shafts post 98.

Craig

Right so to sum up...
providing mine is not a coil pack version, it will fit:

All 1.3 K11s
Post 98 1.0 K11s (Facelifts only)

Correct?

Back