Scrapping car help

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Hi guys

Im scrapping that super s i bought however im told they need the V5 for this to happen. The bummer is, this hasnt come through yet - i've only got the new owner part of the V5 and not the complete thing.

The car's currently sitting outside in the street with next to nothing left on it and i really shouldnt be there! It doesnt have tax either, so as you can see, i really dont have time for the V5 to arrive and i have to shift it ASAP.

Does anyone have any tips on how to speed things up or get it scrapped without the V5? The car isnt movable anymore so no tips about sticking it in a ditch and torching it please!

Cheers

well, im pretty sure theres people who will come and take you car for a small ammount of money. In the local papers theres a few guys who advertise £30 any car any condition for pickup (they pay you for the car) and they take it away.

Seems ok if you 100% desperate to get rid of it and theres no actual need for it (Y)

Well, i'd like it scrapped all above board. I've read on websites that people have had cars taken away and days later received fines through the post and stuff - as they're still being driven around.

Anyway, i cant see that being an issue considering the state the car is in! So i may consider that if i cant find anyone who will take it. I may even ring the council and see what services they offer.

call the local council. they should remove it free of charge if you tell them its been abandoned....

mine did...called "neat streets" they collected it after an hour........then the onwer...you....will get a letter of distruction through the post.....simple..

just noticed....<<<<< 498 posts.....nearly there.....haha

antony_aiken said:
tell them its been abandoned...

It might work!! I dont think they'l be as fussy when it comes to the V5. I managed to declare it Sorn without the V5 so someone's gotta take it off my hands.

When I scrapped mine they wanted the form off the back of the V5 for change of ownership and declaration of a scrapped vehicle.

Tell them it's been abandoned and then your name is the registered owner, that's who they'll look for to send the fine to for collection :)

If u can get it to Sheppey - just leave it with the keys in the door. I can't imagine it getting into minutes b4 it's "borrowed"

half the engine is missing, and there's no interior. There's no wiring to start the car or a battery lol! i'l get some pics up later

I SO want to get rid of this car now, its doing my head in. its got one skirt left and thats all i want, but the ####### is rusted on. Ive been drilling screws for 2 hours and ive had enough - im extremely close to ripping it off! Any advice welcome before i flip

Ive got some pictures from tonight but il stick em on tomorrow

Ems said:
it's got half a bloody tank and arnold won't take it out!! not happy!!!!!!! fwn

Well im certainly not getting under it now, i'l probably get crushed. Also, it'l cost more to buy the container to store the fuel than to buy the fuel from the pump, so its cheaper to leave it where it is

no point in takin it off if your goin to rip it off. Chill will u, just go out tom with a clear state of mind and forget about it till then. Your tired and need a decent rest.

Arnold said:
I SO want to get rid of this car now, its doing my head in. its got one skirt left and thats all i want, but the ####### is rusted on. Ive been drilling screws for 2 hours and ive had enough - im extremely close to ripping it off! Any advice welcome before i flip

Well im certainly not getting under it now, i'l probably get crushed. Also, it'l cost more to buy the container to store the fuel than to buy the fuel from the pump, so its cheaper to leave it where it is

im gettin like this with mine rimmer surprisingly ems said the same thing to me on msn she has just said to u lol

That's coz i'm an agony aunt!!! LOL!!!

Nah, i know from experience, chill, then go back to it with a fresh mind and new approach!!! Normally works!!

the price of scrap metal is currently high, most scrap yards will collect the cars and give you some money for it...

Arnold said:

Well when I got frustrated with mine I ripped the skirt off and split it in half!!! :s So my advice is to not rip it off, you will regret it. :(

Ok cheers

I've arranged to have it picked up tomorrow, at cost, but they're not worried about the V5 situation. I'd rather pay for it to be removed than incur any council penalties for parking on the street without tax!

The car has no front or rear and no interior and im guessing im not too popular with the neighbours at the moment.

I've got to get the final skirt off later, just two rusty bolts but they're giving me so much grief. Will be a huge relief once they're off, and to see the car gone. Im never doing anything like this again thats for sure

3-DSCF0123.JPG

15-DSCF0124.JPG

Its a standard K10 Super S boss, which is stuck!! I'l have another go later at removing it.

goldstar0011 said:
Angle grinder, gets anything off, and I wouldn't worry about any speeding fines if the car is taken without the V5

It'l take ALOT of effort to move this car! No engine, or interior. all the pipes or cables have been cut!

Apparently these guys will give me an official document to confirm the car has exchanged hands for scrap. A copy goes off to the DVLA which updates the status of the car to Scrapped / Salvage. I just have to give them a written letter to say i give them permission to take ownership of the car for salvage, however i still need to show them proof i live at that address, and the car is registered to me (new ownership part of the V5).

I guess other companies prefer to use the V5 so they can fill in the salvage bit themselves. Either way, its going and i cant wait to see it gone!

I know its a bit late now, but did you try the council? In haringey they take old cars away for free - stops people dumping and burning them. No charges, no fines and they don't care about the condition.

just scrapped the white k10 finally...

the scrap dude said he takes the whole v5 and leaves me the yeel portion signed... then they send off their papers to dvla and so do i...

my bro-in-law was kinda upset he looked like he wanted to cry, twas his fave k10 :(

ps: point of my post lol... it was taken free and he's coming back to take my k11 when im ready... freee

Krian said:
I know its a bit late now, but did you try the council? .

If my car had tax i would have considered that, however i could put money on it i'd receive a fine for parking on a public road without tax!

Anyway, the car is totally stripped now, the bodykit is finally off and sold tonight! Also got the steering boss off aswell, cheers speedle for the advice on that one.

I'l get some more pictures in a bit

Stuck the steering wheel back on, wiggled it loads and it came off. Because nothing on the interior is secure, i went flying backwards into the pile of crap!!

Just glad i didnt go flying out the back!! after all its only bin liners & parcel tape covering the boot up lol

well when was to put on me boss kit, taking off the original one was hard... i was practically swinging off it, kicking it, punching it... hitting it with a rubber mallet... nothing worked...

then my little brother came by just as i nearly started to cry and just pulls it off in a second...

spinich hey...

Haha! I remember umar managed to bend the metal inside the boss when he took it off his car up north! Its amazing how tough they are.

Well i was woken up by the bloke taking the car away so here are the last pics i could get!

19-DSC01894.JPG

20-DSC01895.JPG

21-DSC01896.JPG

She's served me well! (for parts) and im glad to see her go. No more stress!!

Lol, it was well and truly gutted, i have to say, i had a great time ripping it apart!! lol

Tbh tho, the body work was a right state, we knew the sills were bad but the arches under the kit were worse!!! They literally crumbled!!!! How it passed it's last MOT i don't know!! Oh, and the bonnet, as u can see in the first pic, was a diff colour to the rest of the car, slightly orange!!! fwn

Ems said:
Lol, it was well and truly gutted, i have to say, i had a great time ripping it apart!! lol

Yeah the interior was fun... the exterior was the complete opposite. If it wasnt for so many rusty bolts and things slowing us down, it would have been ok, and probably had it done in half the time!

The wings wont fail the MOT according to Ed, as its not a structural part of the car, besides, the rust was hidden behind the bodykit! the interior was mint, havent seen a finer one, just a shame the outside was probably one of the worst i've seen.

Arnold said:
Yeah the interior was fun... the exterior was the complete opposite. If it wasnt for so many rusty bolts and things slowing us down, it would have been ok, and probably had it done in half the time!

The wings wont fail the MOT according to Ed, as its not a structural part of the car, besides, the rust was hidden behind the bodykit! the interior was mint, havent seen a finer one, just a shame the outside was probably one of the worst i've seen.

you including my black one in that comment? lol

Surprised you didn't get the bonnet and doors. You never know when they may come in handy. Glad you got it sorted though. :)

yes mate! My brother walked up to it and put his boot into the side of the front wing, and chunks of it just crumbled off. Yours externally was cosmetically crap, bad resprays or something, but i really dont think it was as bad as this one!

Bonnet was crap, it was orangey! and not a good job either. The doors were ok, rotting on the inside which could have been treated, but tbh, i wasnt actually sure how to remove the door :S

Pretty lame! esp as i need a new drivers one

The car cost £200, thats the one i picked up in scotland!

On the drive home, it lost the bolt which holds the gearbox oil in, which is why i started to have gearbox issues around Bradford. Still, 300 miles later & 2 gears missing, it made it home! I did 60 miles on top of that the following day to Ed's & back! Didnt realise the box had lost its oil until i was under the car on Monday!

The suspension is sitting in my garden, and going on Ems's car this weekend

Back