yr 99 with 35k what should I check?

1.3 gx auto over and above basic stuff like oil, filters, plugs pads what should I check for - basically I want to thoroughly service it as much as I can do myself before the spring. Nissan prices are a rip-off

It had a full Nissan service history up until 18 months ago and was in superb condition for its age when I bought it. done around 6k since that last service. Majority of it in and around town driving. Passed mot 3 mths ago without any advisories.

Would the tranmission fluid need changing ?

Dont really know how long your supposed to go before changing the transmission fluid, or if its a more regular interval than a manual? Haynes would tell you though! But i dont think theres too much you need to look out for other than sills and lower front crossmember rusting up. Im sure other people might have a few more suggestions though!

Thanks.

Sills and front cross member are very good.

I think I'll change the Transmission fluid for the hell of it, can't be sure how long ago it was last done, if ever. I just rang the local Nissan dealer and they say it is not part of their service routine, but it should be changed every 3 yrs or 54.000 miles

Back