Your opinions...

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
What is the most you would pay for a 97 slx, only 81,000kms, immaculate condition, an old man has had it since new. His son's selling it for him and had it on for 7850, (!) then 6850 and i got it down from there quite a bit... Im not regretting it, just curious? Cheers

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
Ok cool, next thing is getting him the cash cause I'm a bit short. I need to sell my car, will post pics as soon as it's in my posession, can't wait!

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
I suppose I'm more open to it because I've been waiting 4 or 5 months to get the one I want and I'm so sick of waiting, plus he's old and I think he thinks it's still worth $15,000 or whatever they were when they came out lol. The only reason he's selling it is cause his wife and son are making him and he's not allowed to drive anymore. The more I think about it it begins to annoy me but would I be really pissed if I lost it? Yes. So I'll just have to suck it up :s

smidge

» CMF Member
a grandpa spec car is worth a bit more than a stockie but remember these aren't high performance cars they are just every day runabouts (till you pimp them)

so to get one in the condition that they all SHOULD be in, doesn't necessarily mean you should pay thousands more

an absolute minter shouldn't really go for more than five K, but that said, you guys in WA seem to pay a little more than we do on the east coast for some cars so once you add that into the equation then maybe its not such a bad deal

also just cause it looks mint doesn't mean it is, maybe he's never changed the oil 'cause the stuff from the factory still works doesn't it!'

you never know! check it out thoroughly or get someone who knows to do it, worth it when paying big bucks..

for 3k my LX could have blown up on the way home and still would have been a good deal with $500 spent on a new donk

CMF_funky2nite

» CMF Member
smidge WROTE:

"you sure you want to know??<BR><BR>my immaculate LX cost 2700

Yes I completely agree with smidge, I would've offerred 5k max!

I got mine for $3576 '95 micra 1.0L 32,000miles what'd you say about that?

It was grandpa's then he ended it for $2,980 but that's an exception since it's from my family. but the dealer esitmated $3576.

Regards,
Ian

CMF_Amy

» CMF Member
You're right Smidge, and if I was in the eastern states I could've got one straight away, I always see them on carsales/trading post etc and get jealous when I see the ones over there compared to the 1 or 2 here that are from dealers. (I think being auto has been the hardest thing too) My brother saw an old lady driving one just like the one I want and he asked her if she would sell it and she said no way haha. I'm sure they're here, they're just hiding and no one wants to get rid of em!

Fred, when I pay off my debt etc I was hoping you guys could help me with that!! :)

Btw I offered 5,500 and he accepted then I backed down to 5,200 and he said no. He's stubborn and I'm getting pissed off but in the end he's got the power cause I really want it :( someone in Perth paid around 7,000 from a dealer one the first day it was offered for sale, I think it had 30,000kms. Crazy! Don't want anyone like that to cut in and for me to miss out, never know...

Back