X Reg 1.0 cutting out woes

Hello, seeking advise please as end of tether with me Micra.
Car usually does only short journeys and cut out a few weeks ago, total loss of throttle response, stalls. When trying to restart to turns over but will not fire.
No errors on the computer log.
Soooo, a trip to local garage and one mass airflow later thought all was well, got 10 mins down the rod and it broke down again....back to garage and they diagnosed that voltage regulator to mass airflow sensor was putting out 12v rather than the required 5v so replaced that and the airflow sensor again as that had apparently blown again...
Was fine for another week and has now done it again, cant spend much more on the car, any ideas please if this is a common fault. been a lovely little car and dont wat to scrap it if its simples to fix.
Many thanks

thanks the answer is she doesnt run, still the same just turns over wont fire.
grr i think it is a coilpack version, square boxes on top of each cylinder

ok, now im confused.com. Went out and ran a sponge over micra with a view to ebaying it as spares/repair. had another prod around (im not mechanic).
So before with mas sensor disconnected it wouldnt start, dug around found these 2 blue boxes, pulled them both out and swapped one for the other, left mas disconnected and it starts...???
so if i flog it i still have to state its got a problem or do i keep it and see how it runs / risk it cutting out again? answers on a postcard, thanks in advance

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    567.9 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    314.4 KB · Views: 227
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    414.4 KB · Views: 245
I read the blue relay is common(ish) failure, and can be swapped for the one next to it (care that the connecions are the same). I had to do this on mine too.

Now it car is up and runing ok you have, of course, put a duff relay in to the other circuit so my advice would be to replace the blue one, and swap the other relay back to where it came from. Hopefully all will be good! :)

thanks all who have made suggestions on this, i have had to sorn it so wont be up and running until next month now (thought i was gonna have to sell it)
googling the relay serial number they seem to be fuel pump and fog light relays - FUEL PUMP FRONT FOG RELAY 25230 9F920
starts up first time though, its a bit petrol smelly round the back when running (maybe because mas is unplugged?) and fog light is currently working for info.

Hello Colin....update. Had my tps changed today, and my problem gone :D Also whilst checking her over the fitter found a piece of gauze obstructing the carb, so may have been that as well.
Thanks to H701 for suggesting that cure many moons ago - cheers bud :D

Hello Colin....update. Had my tps changed today, and my problem gone :D Also whilst checking her over the fitter found a piece of gauze obstructing the carb, so may have been that as well.
Thanks to H701 for suggesting that cure many moons ago - cheers bud :D
The gauze is there for a reason lol

Hello bud, I took the filter out when I fitted the cone filter, but missed this bit of gauze, its been sitting on top of the mesh into the throttle body restricting air flow. Me bad :rolleyes:

Back