WTB - nice K11, Sydney area. Up to $4,500 cash.

CMF_sotheby

» CMF Member
Hi folks. I'm looking to buy a very nice straight K11, preferably manual. I don't mind mods such as suspension, but would prefer a clean machine without doof-doof subwoofers or crazy 3" exhaust. You get the picture. I can pay cash for the right machine.

I'm downsizing from a Ford Mondeo XR5 Turbo with chipped ECU ;-)

Thank you. Greg 0433 314 391.

CMF_sotheby

» CMF Member
Well, I finally bought one. Probably on the high side of 'pricey', but the Carsales seller wouldn't negotiate. I reckon I got an excellent car though, so not complaing. 1995 SLX CVT with 122,000km. It has the complete Whiteline suspension kit (lowered springs, KYB shocks, Panhard rod, etc), 14" mags . . . and everything work. Egads! The previous owner maintained it fastiduously.

Mods on the way . . . mwurhahaha:

1. British PiperCross foam insert panel air filter ordered.
2. Car booked into Liverpool exhaust here in Sydney for a set of Hurricane extractors + fast-flow cat.

Otherwise, I'll leave her as she is. It drives like a go-kart. I'm most impressed ;-)

Cheers eevrybody,
Greg

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
sotheby WROTE:

"Well, I finally bought one. Probably on the high side of 'pricey', but the Carsales seller wouldn't negotiate. I reckon I got an excellent car though, so not complaing. 1995 SLX CVT with 122,000km. It has the complete Whiteline suspension kit (lowered springs, KYB shocks, Panhard rod, etc), 14" mags . . . and everything work. Egads! The previous owner maintained it fastiduously.

2. Car booked into Liverpool exhaust here in Sydney for a set of Hurricane extractors + fast-flow cat.

Otherwise, I'll leave her as she is. It drives like a go-kart. I'm most impressed ;-)

Cheers eevrybody,

Greg

a CVT go-kart..? ;)

CMF_Jon (2)

» CMF Member
sotheby WROTE:

"Well, I finally bought one. Probably on the high side of 'pricey', but the Carsales seller wouldn't negotiate. I reckon I got an excellent car though, so not complaing. 1995 SLX CVT with 122,000km. It has the complete Whiteline suspension kit (lowered springs, KYB shocks, Panhard rod, etc), 14" mags . . . and everything work. Egads! The previous owner maintained it fastiduously.

Cheers eevrybody,

Greg

I Think you got a very nice car for the money. Bonus it has a few goodies too!
Post up some pics. :)

CMF_sotheby

» CMF Member
Will post pics when I've had a window to wash and detail it. I've been too busy with work and mods ;-)

On Saturday 'MB' - Mini Beast went in to Liverpool Exhaust. We only had enough time for the 4-2-1 extractors (the aircon workaround was a hassle, but they kinked pipe No. 1 exhaust!), 200 mesh cat and stainless mesh coupler. In a couple of weeks they'll do the rest - 2" mandrel pipe with silencer and "sports" backbox and chrome tip. Total - $1,300.

When that's all done I'll take it to the boys at Silverwater Automotive Services. They're across the road from work, and I'll get them to check the fuel/air mixture to see if it needs rejigging via an AFR or "vice squeeze" to the existing regulator. Maybe I'll be lucky and the ECU will cope. I'll post pics eventually. Cheers! Greg.

Back