WTB BROKEN GEARBOX

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

I have a cvt that Im pretty sure is stuffed sitting here doing nothing. I also have both drive shafts/cvs for the cvt as well..

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Umm... I did a cvt to manual swap and I removed the cvt shafts and swapped in the manual ones. I didnt measure exactly but the long shaft(drivers side) looked the same to me. The left one is different cvt to manual. Im pretty sure its shorter. I didnt really look at the splines on the box end. They hub end fitted fine though.

I might be able to dig up a photo of the cvt ones.. hang on.

qwerty132

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
that's sounds like a deal..I'm on holidays until wednesday 4th november......who much are they going for... considering I only need the diff...... any info would be g. appreciated... I'll check my local wreaker 2 see what he's got (shudda done that first, but usually they don't keep the broken ones.....)...hay qwerty... need a real closeup or even macro of the drive splines, gearbox end.... please email the pix i've they're too big..... if you want....

CMF_qwerty132

» CMF Member
Hey,

I will most probably be going to where they are currently stored tomorrow or Sunday. I will see what I can do.

Also, I'm also interested how much they charge for a gearbox..

If I ever look at dropping in a low km engine I would probably like a newer box as well..

Thanks
qwerty132

CMF_nz_aj

» CMF Member
An RS5F30A can be found in lots of old front drive nissans from the 80's. Anything 1.3L or there abouts would be a good bet. I'm sure you'd be able to find something cheap/free.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
How soon do you need it? Not sure why i didn't think of it sooner, in a cpl of weeks I'm having my gbox rebuilt, clutch pack lsd diff etc, u can have the one i'm removing, 100k kms good nick, and u don't have to scrap a box 2 get it, let me know.

Back